300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting Game....

Application Process
    Hey Guys,
    I'm new to this website, and so far its been awesome reading through all the different posts. A question I have is in regards to waiting for a response from the PD I applied for. I turned in my application to the PD about two weeks ago and was told it would take up to 14 days to contact me because of the amount of applications they received. I have yet to hear from them and the 14 days are up. Should I contact them, or would that show lack of patience on my part and hurt my chances? I applied for the Austin PD, anybody else apply for it as well on here? Thanks for any advice!

I'd give it another week or so, maybe more. A call from an applicant isn't going to speed the process up. Depending on the deadline to have all the applications in and the amount of people applying compared to the people in charge of going trough them it very well could take longer.

The application process ALWAYS takes longer than first expected.
    Certified troll.

Thanks Michigan,
      My heart begins to race every time the phone rings . I need to be patient. Thanks for the response.

Nate, welcome to one of the most frustrating aspects of the hiring process.......waiting. It's going to be a feature of your entire process. I don't have any magic bullets for dealing with it. Good luck in your process.

Nate, I wish you luck with your patience. I know what it is like to be given a deadline for a call and not get it. Remember, this isn't the corporate world and they don't view calling and checking in as a "person who really want this job, and has the drive."

Keep will pay off.

Didn't they just graduate a class? It may be a long process.
            Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

There are some APD specific threads on the Texas board that you might want to look at. From what I've seen on here the wait between test and academy is running a little over a year, so you may want to ready youself for a long process.

But at least they're hiring.

Thanks for the replies guys. You are really helping me out here. I want this so much it makes it that much harder to wait I think this will be a good learning experience for me, and should probably applly to more departments. I have kind of put all my eggs in one basket on this one, so I should probably branch out a bit just in case. I'm sure most of you would agree.

I have been in the waiting game for 1 and a half years, but I can remember being where you are at and thinking that it would move quicker, especially since I was in the top 13 on 5 lists. Be patient it might be a long ride in this economy, but from the sounds of it you don't really care which city or state you end up in so I would encourage you to apply to some big departments in the south since they seem to be hiring and actively recruiting. Atlanta just came to Chicago not to long ago to recruit. I finally started moving ahead with two departments, and as long as I have waited it still seems to take forever once they call your name. Be patient, stay in shape, and study for those tests if you need to.

What's Going On

There are currently 7932 users online. 393 members and 7539 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad