300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Error In My paperwork

I took my written psychological examination today, and I was informed about an error in my paper work. About 4 years ago I was given a ticket for driving while using my cell phone. I was not using my cellphone at them time of the incident and had the phone records to prove it. When i went for my hearing I was told that thhe hearing was for only plea bargains or guilty pleas.(The county the offense happened in is run by a semi-private traffic court) The lawyer present offered me the the deal of reducing the charge from a moving violation to a parking ticket, and only a $100 fine.

At the time this seemed like a good idea because I was living far away and going to school fool time. I took the offer. Today when filling out my written psych I was informed that the lawyer for the traffic court had mis informed me those years ago and by pleading to a parking ticket I was admitting to the moving violation.

I still have my evidence to prove that I could not have used my cell phone when the officer said I did, my phone records show no calls anywhere near the time cited, and this was before smart phones.

What should I do?

Should I let me BG know?
    NYPD Exam # 8110:PASS (12/07/08) EXPIRES (?)

Medical Exam / Character prescreening: DONE
    Met with Investigator: DONE
    Written Psychological: DONE
    Oral Psychological: DONE
    Mini Medical: DONE
    JST: DONE
    2nd Mini Medical: Done

You pled guilty. You are guilty in the eyes of the law. It is too late to do anything about it now

Actually cell phone records can't really prove or disprove in this particular matter. The clock on the cell phone computer could have been set differently than the watch the officer was using when he wrote the citation.

Yes , let the BI know & be totally truthful.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 04-14-2011, 06:18 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Forgive me please, but the answer should be obvious. The Department is NOT so much interested in the disposition of the charge as they are the original charge. In your case, the charge has been adjudicated, and your 'evidence" is simply not needed. Correct your paper work to reflect the original charge. Simply doing that should cause you no problem. I believe I made the suggestion to you earlier not to over think this process. Of equal importance is the suggestion that you not leave the Background Investigator with the impression that you're being evasive.

Comment

I want thank all of you fine gentlemen or ladies for the help you have given me
        NYPD Exam # 8110:PASS (12/07/08) EXPIRES (?)

Medical Exam / Character prescreening: DONE
        Met with Investigator: DONE
        Written Psychological: DONE
        Oral Psychological: DONE
        Mini Medical: DONE
        JST: DONE
        2nd Mini Medical: Done

Comment

Wow. You need to relax. Tell the truth. Your records dont prove much. You could have been using a phone belonging to a different person.

Comment

Originally posted by kahless View Post
            I took my written psychological examination today, and I was informed about an error in my paper work. About 4 years ago I was given a ticket for driving while using my cell phone. I was not using my cellphone at them time of the incident and had the phone records to prove it. When i went for my hearing I was told that thhe hearing was for only plea bargains or guilty pleas.(The county the offense happened in is run by a semi-private traffic court) The lawyer present offered me the the deal of reducing the charge from a moving violation to a parking ticket, and only a $100 fine.

At the time this seemed like a good idea because I was living far away and going to school fool time. I took the offer. Today when filling out my written psych I was informed that the lawyer for the traffic court had mis informed me those years ago and by pleading to a parking ticket I was admitting to the moving violation.

I still have my evidence to prove that I could not have used my cell phone when the officer said I did, my phone records show no calls anywhere near the time cited, and this was before smart phones.

What should I do?

Should I let me BG know?
            So, is that less than part-time?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5059 users online. 240 members and 4819 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X