Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was honestly able to answer to no to those 6 questions. Thanks for your time. I guess I never should have been allowed to be a cop.

Comment

Qualifications were a lot more lax in yrs past.

None of the above applied when I started in LE 35 yrs ago-----------------if you were actively breathing you could get hired back then in many departments.

Personally , with your background, I wonder about the department that would pass on you ........most would kill for that kind of experience...............but if you meet one of their auto DQ's------they usually mean automatic.

By the way those questions on the Iowa DPS website are just the automatic ones.............There is a disclaimer about all other behavior will be evaluated.
      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yeah same here...I applied for a local PD(in Ohio) and marked yes on "Have you smoked marijuana more than 10 times in a year?"

HR woman told me sorry, auto DQ, BUT she talked to the civil service board and they said go ahead and turn my app in and they will review my application...
        No call yet sooo so far so good..I expect them to pull me out though.. even If it was 10 years ago, and I've been to combat twice and have a fairly clean record(minus traffic tickets)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5829 users online. 350 members and 5479 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X