Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another polygraph question (Sorry)

Hello,

I was wondering if the answer for the questions have to be a long descriptive answer or a simple "yes" or "no."

Yes or No.

You will have plenty of time in the interview to explain anything you can not answer with a yes or no.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

They don't want long answers. ^^^^

Comment

During the actual polygraph run the only permissible answers are Yes or No.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

Comment

My colleagues have alluded to it, but in a properly administered Polygraph exam there should be no surprises. Prior to the actual exam, the Examiner will go over all the questions he/she proposes to ask you. It's at this time that you'll have the opportunity to explain any answers which might cause a reaction from the instrument. In the actual Polygraph exam, you'll be required to answer "Yes" or "No" to the questions.

Comment

On behalf of all us applicants...thanks to those who have the patience to answer questions that have been asked time and time again...and constantly expand on those answers to help all us curious first time applicants out.

Comment

My question is, why is everyone so worried about the polygraph, its not like it can detect actual lies, just the way your body is reacting to the Q&A situation, am I correct? So as long as you aren't sweating bullets, breathing like you don't have oxygen, or your heart isn't beating out of your chest, wouldn't at least all your answers come back inconclusive?

Comment

Originally posted by DWM811 View Post
                My question is, why is everyone so worried about the polygraph, its not like it can detect actual lies, just the way your body is reacting to the Q&A situation, am I correct? So as long as you aren't sweating bullets, breathing like you don't have oxygen, or your heart isn't beating out of your chest, wouldn't at least all your answers come back inconclusive?
                You are correct in the fact that the polygraph measures reactions of your body.

You are not correct on the rest of your assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by DWM811 View Post
                  I've taken (5) Poly's over my lifetime....I failed (2) of them and was being completely honest with the dude....

What further irrates me.....is that one dude did mine TWICE.... about 6 weeks apart... Failed first one passed second one....

SAME FREAKING QUESTIONS.....

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    My colleagues have alluded to it, but in a properly administered Polygraph exam there should be no surprises. Prior to the actual exam, the Examiner will go over all the questions he/she proposes to ask you. It's at this time that you'll have the opportunity to explain any answers which might cause a reaction from the instrument. In the actual Polygraph exam, you'll be required to answer "Yes" or "No" to the questions.
                    +++1, well said

Comment

Looking for Answers.

I have 22 yrs in with a large mid west city police dept. Flawless personal record with 2 minor disiplines when I was a rookie. I was on SWAT, K-9, and been working on a federal violent crime task force for the past 10 yrs. I went through a FBI back ground check and had top seceret security clearence.
                      Short story. I just went through the hiring process for a mid size local law enforcement agency in Az. They were treating me like gold. I was offered a conditional job offer. Went back out last week for the polygraph, psyc, and medical exam. 24 hrs after I got back personnal called me and said a decesion had been made to pull the conditional job offer. Due to the job offer contract I signed they were not going to tell me why.
                      It has to be the Polygraph. Knew nothing about it, 1st time. Was honest cause i felt I had nothing to hid. Admitted to the following:
                      Smoked marj. 12-15x in college over 30 yrs ago.
                      Tried cocaine once " "
                      Tried Mushrooms once " "
                      Did one 6 week cycle of steriods when I was 19 yoa
                      Stole a pair of 100.00 ski's when I was 18 yoa.

I am crushed, looking for closure.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesota 19 View Post
                        Looking for Answers.

I have 22 yrs in with a large mid west city police dept. Flawless personal record with 2 minor disiplines when I was a rookie. I was on SWAT, K-9, and been working on a federal violent crime task force for the past 10 yrs. I went through a FBI back ground check and had top seceret security clearence.
                        Short story. I just went through the hiring process for a mid size local law enforcement agency in Az. They were treating me like gold. I was offered a conditional job offer. Went back out last week for the polygraph, psyc, and medical exam. 24 hrs after I got back personnal called me and said a decesion had been made to pull the conditional job offer. Due to the job offer contract I signed they were not going to tell me why.
                        It has to be the Polygraph. Knew nothing about it, 1st time. Was honest cause i felt I had nothing to hid. Admitted to the following:
                        Smoked marj. 12-15x in college over 30 yrs ago.
                        Tried cocaine once " "
                        Tried Mushrooms once " "

Did one 6 week cycle of steriods when I was 19 yoa
                        Stole a pair of 100.00 ski's when I was 18 yoa.

I am crushed, looking for closure.
                        Wow

My GUESS would be the highlighted phrases...............some departments have hard fast DQ rules they won't bend no matter how long ago it happened.

Comment

But I am 52 yoa. The highlighted area was over 30 yrs ago. Is it a Arizona post board thing or the department I applied for thing? Is there any Arizona coppers out there that know?

Comment

In Iowa...........15x marijuana use would DQ you...................forever.

It's just the rules.........................many places don't care how long ago or if you saved the life of the Governor....

http://www.dps.state.ia.us/commis/pr...ications.shtml

To determine whether you meet the Department's drug policy, please answer the following questions:

1. Have you used marijuana at all within the last two years?
                            2. Have you used marijuana more than a total of 15 times in your life?
                            3. Have you used any other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) at all in the past 10 years?
                            4. Have you used an other illegal drug (including anabolic steroids after February 27, 1991) more than a total of five times in your life?
                            5. Have you ever sold any illegal drug for profit?
                            6. Have you ever used an illegal drug (no matter how many times or how long ago) while in a law enforcement or prosecutorial position, or in a position which carries with it a high level of responsibility or public trust?

If you answered YES to any of the above six questions, you are immediately disqualified and should NOT apply for a peace officer position with the Department of Public Safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                              Wow

My GUESS would be the highlighted phrases...............some departments have hard fast DQ rules they won't bend no matter how long ago it happened.
                              Yep
                              Those would DQ you probably everywhere in Ohio too.
                              Drugs r bad, mmmmmmkay??

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5909 users online. 325 members and 5584 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X