Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fairfax County Police: Character Review?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfax County Police: Character Review?

DeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDe leteDeleteDeleteDeleteDeleteDelete
    Last edited by pjkadie; 04-19-2011, 02:13 PM.

Too many drugs
    Originally posted by Rudy8116
    The only reason I have one in the chamber at all times is because it is impossible to have two in.

Originally posted by CruiserClass
    OC is my last option. I've never met anyone immune to electricity or physics.

Comment

Your drug use is too recent. You were in college, studying Criminal Justice (presumably because you want to be a police officer) and smoking dope....

Comment

How do you think the department will judge my use of the prescription drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by pjkadie View Post
          The drug use is too recent.....a lot of agencies want at least 5 years of no drug use before they will even consider you.

Even though you had a prescription for the Percocet, both you and your friend commited a felony when he gave you one of his.
          The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

What you have to understand is that a Department is going to judge you on your ENTIRE history of drug use/abuse. Your total Marijuana use pushes the tolerance envelope with many agencies. Was the Adderall prescribed for you? Was the Percocet prescribed for you? What you need to keep in mind is the fact that you're going to be competing against some really high qualiity candidates. People, including certified, laid off Police Officers, who don't bring your issues to the table. Currently, you are NOT a viable candidate. It's possible that with the passage of time you could have a shot. I'm thinking a bare minimum of at least five years, possibly more. Some agencies are likely not to consider you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by LA DEP View Post

Even though you had a prescription for the Percocet, both you and your friend commited a felony when he gave you one of his.
              HOWEVER general prescription drug usage AS PRESCRIBED will not hurt your chances.

The rest of your drug history quite frankly resembles a vacuum cleaner-----it sucks.

5-7 yrs need to pass before you would be viable in regards to your marijuana use.

A lifetime would need to pass before you would be viable in regards to the felony prescription drug violation.

You WILL be ask if you have ever committed a crime that would be a felony in your state (even if you have never been charged, caught, or convicted)
              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                HOWEVER general prescription drug usage AS PRESCRIBED will not hurt your chances.

The rest of your drug history quite frankly resembles a vacuum cleaner-----it sucks.

5-7 yrs need to pass before you would be viable in regards to your marijuana use.

A lifetime would need to pass before you would be viable in regards to the felony prescription drug violation.

You WILL be ask if you have ever committed a crime that would be a felony in your state (even if you have never been charged, caught, or convicted)
                I should have clarified that.....the prescription drug use is ok, IF its your stuff!
                The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

To the OP, I'm going to share briefly with you, what really bothers me about your post. You've no doubt expended much time, money, and energy in earning the Criminology Degree you mentioned. You expended considerable effort in becoming proficient in Spanish. Much hard work will now essentially go out the window because of the poor choices you've made. Unfortunately, your accomplishments simply won't negate or offset the drug use/abuse you've admitted to. Taking your Buddy's stuff is a felony in many states, and that will pretty well render you unhireable.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Still looking to see if any Fairfax LE wants to respond

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                      Taking your Buddy's stuff is a felony in many states, and that will pretty well render you unhireable.
                      How long do you think I will be considered "unhireable"?

Comment

How long do you think I will be considered "unhireable"?
                        Due to the felony, quite possibly forever. There might be an outside, very outside chance an agency would look at you, five, ten years down the road, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. Here's the deal. At some point in the process, should you apply, you'll be asked if you've ever committed a crime/offense for which you were never arrested/prosecuted. That's when using your Buddy's stuff is going to come back and bite you. Remember, it's a felony in many states.

Comment

In my state ------------no department is going to hire you after you admitted that you had committed a felony.
                          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Still looking to see if any Fairfax LE wants to respond
                            Ok, still not Fairfax, but I am sworn LEO in a county adjacent to FFX, currently live in FFX, have many co-workers come over from FFX and have applied there myself in the past.

On paper, you *might* fit their requirements. Realistically, you're trying to get on with arguably one of the top 5 agencies in the nation - the waitlist to simply take their written examination was in excess of a year in length last year. They start with, literally, THOUSANDS of applicants to fill 30 or so academy spots, meaning they're looking for the elite 1% or so of applicants, at most.

The fact that you're on here questioning yourself whether you fit the bill probably answers your own question regarding whether you would even place yourself in the category of "Elite 1%"....nevermind someone paid to critique your background and find a reason to move on to the next applicant.

The pot usage you're going to have a really hard time explaining at any agency in Northern VA, given your age when you smoked, the fact that you knew what you wanted to do and smoked anyway, recency of using it, etc. The pills....I actually think you could argue that away easier than the pot given the circumstances, which I wouldn't normally ever say, but that's another debate!

Wait a few years!
                            "You can just go ahead and common sense your way out of this conundrum!"

Comment

You would be permanently DQ'd here for the felony.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5807 users online. 351 members and 5456 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X