Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fresh out of the academy..hiring choices.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fresh out of the academy..hiring choices.

I hope i am in the right place. I wanted to ask certified LEO's this question and what your opinions are. I live in florida...I am currently scheduled to graduate the academy on 4/20/11. I am currently in the final process, the background stage, of the Florida Highway Patrol (State Trooper). I have been thorugh a long process with them. I got a call yesterday from another SO that i applied to and they want to start my background. I have not received a conditional offer from them yet, they just want to start it. Should i let both keep processing me? I really think it would not be smart to turn down any offers in this economy, but at the same time i do not want to waste anyone's time. thank you in advance for your input.

Russ

That's up to you, hon. How much longer do you have to go with the FHP?
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I'm not from Florida, but when I was trying to get on with an agency I applied with several which I was interested. While going through the academy I received offers from another city agency and a federal agency, but I decided to stay where I was and I don't regret my choice. I'm sure I would've enjoyed those agencies just as much, but I enjoy my current department.

Comment

They said the started my background. But with FHP i would have to go to their TRC academy for 8 weeks, which is no big deal, but they have to get the state budget first and there is really no telling how long until the next academy. My B.I. said they do not know when the next academy is, hopefully Aug or Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ24 View Post
          I really think it would not be smart to turn down any offers in this economy, but at the same time i do not want to waste anyone's time. thank you in advance for your input.

Russ

I think you answered your own question right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You are never sure about another job until you have been offered employment...................and actually not really sure until you have been sworn in.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I'd let them go with my app then. You're right, in this economy you can't afford to wait. I never suggest putting all your eggs in one basket.
            sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Let them both process you and go with the first one that offers you a job.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
                Let them both process you and go with the first one that offers you a job.
                There's your answer. Good luck in all your plans.

Comment

Even prior to this crappy economy I would've recommended that you process with as many Agencies as you're able.

There are so many cop applicants that waiting for your dream Agency to call can often = LE entry fail.

-V

Comment

Just remember on the oral board: "Yours is the Department I've always wanted to work for, due to the following..." They will ask you about other apps out there.
                    Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
                      Just remember on the oral board: "Yours is the Department I've always wanted to work for, due to the following..." They will ask you about other apps out there.
                      Thanks. The SO i interviewed for did ask me about other apps. and i told them about FHP. So i guess we will see what happens.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3148 users online. 183 members and 2965 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X