X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TLM4590
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2010

Couple of BG check questions.

I've noticed on a few applications they ask the question of having insurance cancelled or lapse.
    What is the significance of this and is it necessarily a DQ for the applicant? I mean, if you're not driving a car then whats the purpose of having it insured? <(my opinion)

Another, on managing personal finances. I had a cable bill in the past that I never received a notice on until it was turned over to a collection agency, I didn't have the money to pay it at the time (was outrageously high) and when I wanted to pay it the collection agency told me they had no record of me so contacted the cable company and they had no record either. Can this still be held against me? Or do bills like phone/cable even concern them?
  • Dingo990
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2010

1. If you aren't driving a car, explain on the back of the form (or attach a sheet of paper if that is what they require) why didn't have insurance. If there is a valid excuse, then it won't be an issue.

2. Finances, one collection isn't good. But if there has been some time since the bill and your credit is otherwise pretty decent, then that one issue won't sink you.

Comment

• Iowa #1603
      Senior Veteran
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Dingo990
      1. If you aren't driving a car, explain on the back of the form (or attach a sheet of paper if that is what they require) why didn't have insurance. If there is a valid excuse, then it won't be an issue.

2. Finances, one collection isn't good. But if there has been some time since the bill and your credit is otherwise pretty decent, then that one issue won't sink you.
      Disclose and explain.
      I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

Comment

• PhilipCal
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2004

Most, if not all states require that liability insurance be maintained on any vehicle operated on a public road. Departments will be interested in knowing why a policy was allowed to lapse. Explain it. The same applies to the cable bill. The agency will be interested in knowing why the account went to collections. Again, an explanation will be required.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12188 users online. 74 members and 12114 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...