300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Legit?

Still 3 years left before I get outta college, but me and a friend were bored so we decided to look up cities to work in. Trying to figure out if anybody knows if this is legit or not.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/police/re...g/benefits.htm

Referring of course to the $68,000 after the 2nd year. With Austin's crime rate (1 murder every 35,000 according to the 2009 UCR) and apparent living cost that sounds like one hell of a good job. Any input?

Legit?

WTF do you mean?

It is legit in that Austin is a city, is seems to be hiring and probably pays the amount advertised.

Comment

You have to read the fine print. The $60k+ salary would be for those who were bi-lingual, working afternoon shift, with a 4-yr degree. Obviously pay will vary depending on your qualifications. Still looks to be a pretty good gig.
      I'm 10-8 like a shark in a sea of crime..

Comment

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Plus, if I am not mistaken the city will sponsor you (and give you a paycheck) to attend an academy. Much better than self-sponsor if you ask me.

Comment

2 answers

start taking Spanish classes.

different parts of the country have different costs of living....several years ago San Jose started around 90K, which is HUGE for the midwest, (like easily more than twice as much as starting is around here)

no its not legit...the city is purposely lying to you
          Last edited by crass cop; 04-10-2011, 02:08 PM.
          "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
          The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
          sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
          Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6328 users online. 362 members and 5966 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X