NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Hope for me?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Michigan
    SETASC,

    We get it. You got answers that you didn't expect. Your feeling are hurt and you're mad at us now. You have to deal with it and live with the decisions that you made. Did that meke you laugh too?

    And to answer the next question that you're no doubt going to ask the next time you see one of us in person... is yes, we want fries with that.
    I was talking about the "Ask a therapist who will make me feel better." But yeah yours made me laugh too smart guy.

    Comment


    • #32
      I have posed his resume to a CURRENT Colorado officer in the area he is trying to get hired in.........................I will post his answer when I get it.
      I DON'T ALWAYS LIKE BEING A RETIRED POLICE OFFICER .......Oh who the hell am I kiddingI LOVE IT. Stay safe my friends

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        I have posed his resume to a CURRENT Colorado officer in the area he is trying to get hired in.........................I will post his answer when I get it.
        Iowa,

        Thanks, even if it not for my benefit.

        Michigan,

        After you belittled me in front of everyone on here, I'm done with this site. I hope you are all proud to call this guy an LEO.


        I didn't mean to fight with any of you. I might not have gotten the answers I was hoping for, but I am greatful for the ones I got. I am not going stop going after my dream of being an LEO. Thank you for letting me know what HR people are seeing when they look at my app.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SETASC
          Michigan,

          After you belittled me in front of everyone on here, I'm done with this site. I hope you are all proud to call this guy an LEO.
          Do I get an award for this?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SETASC
            Iowa,

            Thanks, even if it not for my benefit.

            Michigan,

            After you belittled me in front of everyone on here, I'm done with this site. I hope you are all proud to call this guy an LEO.


            I didn't mean to fight with any of you. I might not have gotten the answers I was hoping for, but I am greatful for the ones I got. I am not going stop going after my dream of being an LEO. Thank you for letting me know what HR people are seeing when they look at my app.
            HR people?

            My friend, HR has next to nothing to do with the selection of a LEO.

            Also, I feel the need to add to what has already been said. This is bluntly honest and is by no means meant to be a personal dig; just the truth of how things are.

            We as LEOs tend to be a very blunt and "in your face" type of group. This is true within a PD itself, not just on an anonymous Police forum.

            Should you make it through selection and get hired, I think you may have a tough time in the Academy, and definitely in FTO (Field Training Officer program). I can guarantee that in any PD there will be Officers who are as "in your face" as we have been, if not more so. You seem to have some difficulty in dealing with that kind of atmosphere and that could lead to serious problems for you, especially in FTO as a primary criteria of all FTO programs is how the recruit gets along with other Officers. I guarantee that there will be Officers in any PD that you absolutely can't stand, but you have to have the ability to put that aside when it comes to doing this job.

            I'm sure you'll consider replying that "oh, I wouldn't have any problem with that", but my professional view is that it could be a very large stumbling block for you.

            You should really give a lot of consideration to what I'm saying here as not fitting in with EVERY Officer in a PD during FTO, at least when it comes to doing the job, is a sure-fire way to flunk FTO. And trust me, there are Officers in every PD that are much more difficult than those of us on this forum.

            -V

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by vincelli
              HR people?

              My friend, HR has next to nothing to do with the selection of a LEO.

              Also, I feel the need to add to what has already been said. This is bluntly honest and is by no means meant to be a personal dig; just the truth of how things are.

              We as LEOs tend to be a very blunt and "in your face" type of group. This is true within a PD itself, not just on an anonymous Police forum.

              Should you make it through selection and get hired, I think you may have a tough time in the Academy, and definitely in FTO (Field Training Officer program). I can guarantee that in any PD there will be Officers who are as "in your face" as we have been, if not more so. You seem to have some difficulty in dealing with that kind of atmosphere and that could lead to serious problems for you, especially in FTO as a primary criteria of all FTO programs is how the recruit gets along with other Officers. I guarantee that there will be Officers in any PD that you absolutely can't stand, but you have to have the ability to put that aside when it comes to doing this job.

              I'm sure you'll consider replying that "oh, I wouldn't have any problem with that", but my professional view is that it could be a very large stumbling block for you.

              You should really give a lot of consideration to what I'm saying here as not fitting in with EVERY Officer in a PD during FTO, at least when it comes to doing the job, is a sure-fire way to flunk FTO. And trust me, there are Officers in every PD that are much more difficult than those of us on this forum.

              -V
              I understand what you are saying. I have been in the military and was an honor grad in BTM. So someone in my face and being blunt really is not a problem for me, and that was not pertrayed on my part very well here today. I guess in this setting I expeceted to much as far as professionalism. Having some jefkoff telling me all I was going to amount to is serving fact food is just flat out dumb. Working in corrections already and knowing my faults, and the hurdles that I was going to have to overcome, I did not ask the right questions. I know how you feel about my chances, I respect that, but I am not going to given up on myself. I should have asked "what can I do to better my chances?" instead of my first post.


              Oh and regards to my "HR people" quote I must have miss-read and early response...my bad.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by SETASC
                Yes they know about it all. Yes the background investigator knew about it all. You know Iowa.....nobody is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes. I think I have done quite a bit to right my wrongs all on or before on 21st birthday. I've posted on here twice looking for advice and both times you have been less than cordial. If I ask for advice on here again feel free you keep yours to yourself. Everyone else thank you very much I am very grateful for you feedback. I am looking for an honest answer and if you believe I am SOL I am thank full for the honest answer, but this guy you just rub me the wrong way.
                Hey Pal, it's no one's job on this forum to be cordial. That's not in the guarantee. We guarantee we'll tell you the truth. We've done that. Deal with it. No one here made you use illegal drugs. That's a choice you made yourself. You're simply the latest poster who's approached the forum, asked a question, received an honest answer, and went away pizzed. With respect to the job you're currently in. I too have my doubts about your fitness to do it considering your past record, but that's not really relevant. Enjoy the job you're doing. Do it well and with dedication. It's about as close to law enforcement as you'll ever get.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by SETASC
                  Iowa,

                  Thanks, even if it not for my benefit.

                  Michigan,
                  Correct: You got the truth. Dealing with that is your problem, not ours.
                  After you belittled me in front of everyone on here, I'm done with this site. I hope you are all proud to call this guy an LEO.


                  I didn't mean to fight with any of you. I might not have gotten the answers I was hoping for, but I am greatful for the ones I got. I am not going stop going after my dream of being an LEO. Thank you for letting me know what HR people are seeing when they look at my app.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Why don't the people that come and ask us here go check out the disqualifiers and standards for the agency(s) they might want to work for? Maybe there should be a post stickied on the forums telling them that.........Oh wait there is..... Maybe if they can't even figure that out on their own, they shouldn't ever work a law enforcement job.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by SETASC
                      LOL! Thats Funny! Mad my laugh...Good Job!
                      Glad you got a laugh out of it. Sounds like you need it.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by PhilipCal
                        Hey Pal, it's no one's job on this forum to be cordial. That's not in the guarantee. We guarantee we'll tell you the truth. We've done that. Deal with it. No one here made you use illegal drugs. That's a choice you made yourself. You're simply the latest poster who's approached the forum, asked a question, received an honest answer, and went away pizzed. With respect to the job you're currently in. I too have my doubts about your fitness to do it considering your past record, but that's not really relevant. Enjoy the job you're doing. Do it well and with dedication. It's about as close to law enforcement as you'll ever get.
                        I'm not ****ed at all. If thats what you think, thats what you think. I asked and you told me. Thanks for your time. I guess what I expected to get our of this was different. I meant to ask for advise on what I can do to better my chances not if you think I will ever get hiried. Thats my fault. I don't remember faulting anyone but myself for drug use??? Did I?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by PhilipCal
                          Glad you got a laugh out of it. Sounds like you need it.
                          I did it was funny=)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by wickrb33
                            Why don't the people that come and ask us here go check out the disqualifiers and standards for the agency(s) they might want to work for? Maybe there should be a post stickied on the forums telling them that.........Oh wait there is..... Maybe if they can't even figure that out on their own, they shouldn't ever work a law enforcement job.
                            I have I just asked the wrong qusestion...My fault

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I see a pattern here....

                              1-Ask a question, usually with some major disqualifying ingredient mixed in

                              2-Receive honest, blunt answers from both young and experienced LE professionals

                              3-Get butt hurt with answers

                              4-Give "circumstances that made them do it"

                              5-Get even more butt hurt at replies

                              6-Say, "I don't like your attitude, please stop responding to my posts if you can't say anything nice"

                              7-When replies do not stop, gets super butt-hurt and says they are going away from the site

                              8-Don't leave, and STILL continue arguing while saying they are NOT arguing

                              9-Eventually end up posting something REALLY stupid and gets banned.

                              In my agency, you would not have a snowball's chance in the Mojave desert in August at noon. By themselves, your issues MAY be survivable. But you come up with "excuses" to try to justify it.

                              Working in corrections is a tough job, and if you are successful and faithful to the job, then you are to be commended. Keep up the good work at your current job. Stop whining here, and realize it's the internets....you will get responses you don't like. Let those go, but heed the sage advice given. Good luck.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Smurfette
                              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                              Originally posted by DAL
                              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by FJDave
                                I see a pattern here....

                                1-Ask a question, usually with some major disqualifying ingredient mixed in

                                2-Receive honest, blunt answers from both young and experienced LE professionals

                                3-Get butt hurt with answers

                                4-Give "circumstances that made them do it"

                                5-Get even more butt hurt at replies

                                6-Say, "I don't like your attitude, please stop responding to my posts if you can't say anything nice"

                                7-When replies do not stop, gets super butt-hurt and says they are going away from the site

                                8-Don't leave, and STILL continue arguing while saying they are NOT arguing

                                9-Eventually end up posting something REALLY stupid and gets banned.

                                In my agency, you would not have a snowball's chance in the Mojave desert in August at noon. By themselves, your issues MAY be survivable. But you come up with "excuses" to try to justify it.

                                Working in corrections is a tough job, and if you are successful and faithful to the job, then you are to be commended. Keep up the good work at your current job. Stop whining here, and realize it's the internets....you will get responses you don't like. Let those go, but heed the sage advice given. Good luck.
                                Okay thanks FJDave
                                Last edited by SETASC; 04-09-2011, 01:05 PM.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9211 users online. 90 members and 9121 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎