Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview questions...

Hi! Just a quick question...

I've got an interview scheduled with a local university police department in two weeks. It's been...oh my gosh...8 years since I've had to worry about interviewing for a job opening, so I'm ridiculously nervous. I was just curious as to some typical questions asked of police recruit candidates. I asked my friends, but it's been a rather long time since they had to interview for their jobs, so they really couldn't remember any specific questions asked, aside from "Why do you want to be a cop?". I'm hoping to practice some of the more common questions with a friend, so I can hopefully get over some of the nervousness and have some well-articulated answers ready.

Thanks so much for your time!

The sticky at the top of this sub-forum

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...-Getting-Hired
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Be prepared to discuss your strengths, and ALWAYS have an answer for a question regarding areas where you feel you could improve (nobody is perfect and we all have areas for improvement). Focus on answering questions regarding how your past experiences (work and/or other) have prepared you for the responsibilities and challenges of being a police officer. Also, prepare and practice delivering an oral resume'. Be able to deliver it in 2 mins or less.... it's a great way of giving the interviewers a snapshot of who you are, and how you arrived at your present station in life.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4143 users online. 225 members and 3918 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X