Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beating the written test to a bloody pulp.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beating the written test to a bloody pulp.

That's right, you heard correctly. I want to tear this test apart. I'm taking it soon and I've taken several practice tests. The department I'm currently applying for is in California, and no it's not LAPD. My question is are written tests different in each department? Or is there a general state wide test that's given. If so, anyone know any books they can point me towards?

General knowledge on all tests so the practice books are similar to the real deal. Each department may format the test differently but majority of the time they are all reading comp, math, spelling and grammar. In my state there is a standardized test that most agencies use. If you score high on the test you can use your score at other departments in order to skip the written for a year. Stick with the study guides you have and you will do fine.

Comment

It's not that hard. Any HS grad can pass it. If you are having problems, go back to school.
      Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

These tests are designed to test your general knowlege, ability to recall information, and think logically. Use the study guides to take practice tests before "the big day". If you have the aptitude for it, you should perform well.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
          General knowledge on all tests so the practice books are similar to the real deal. Each department may format the test differently but majority of the time they are all reading comp, math, spelling and grammar. In my state there is a standardized test that most agencies use. If you score high on the test you can use your score at other departments in order to skip the written for a year. Stick with the study guides you have and you will do fine.
          ^^^^^^^^^Here's your answer. In Alabama, an agency is free to use it's own exam. While that's true, each test is designed to measure the skills my colleague has listed. Your study guides should be able to help you considerably. OK, to seriously kick butt on just about any written exam, you'll need to score in the mid to high nineties. Something tells me you'll do just that. Good luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6171 users online. 345 members and 5826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X