300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grew up in a small town....

Last edited by moose7289; 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM.
    If your going to be a Bear you might as well be a GRIZZLY

Looking for Guidance feel free to assist me in my search............

#1 As a newly minted normal aged college graduate -----having little to no job history isn't a real bad thing.

#2 You would have as good a chance on a "big" department as the next person. Where you live or came from doesn't really matter all that much.

It is just harder to do the testing and other circus stuff that you will have to jump through if you are not close to the department/ city where you are applying.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

#2 You would have as good a chance on a "big" department as the next person. Where you live or came from doesn't really matter all that much.

It is just harder to do the testing and other circus stuff that you will have to jump through if you are not close to the department/ city where you are applying.
      Thanks sir , I just didnt know if they would even try to put forth the effort to give me a chance.

Comment

Large departments (especially) are very impersonal.

You are a number..................a set of test scores......that's about .
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

I agree with Iowa. Your chances are the same as everyone else; however, since you have an education you will have a better shot than some candidates. Keep in mind that your age may be a hindrance in non-civil service departments. I had trouble getting hired at your age and I believe that you may encounter the same problems. If you start on learning a critical second language like Spanish than you will definitely have a leg up on the competition.

Comment

Thanks ! I figured that's how it would be in the big departments. Anyone have any experience with Dallas,Miami, or any larger departments?

Comment

The Departments down here are very short on manpower. The problem that presents itself though is there is no money for new hires. Best thing to do is put yourself through an academy and stay out of trouble and you will be picked up eventually.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4840 users online. 290 members and 4550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X