300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigators

If your applicant had a DVPO against a former partner, would you contact that former partner during the course of a BI to inquire about the applicant's character, or would you assume that the former partner would intentionally portray the applicant negatively and opt not to contact?

BIs are incredibly good at weighing opinions of people they contact......they might contact the person in question but it really is only a piece of the much larger puzzle

Comment

Yes...okay, yes. Just yes was too short...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Don't worry about it; like my colleague noted above BI's know when a contact has malice against an applicant.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Not only will the BI check with the former partner, but the DVPO will be gone into in it's entirety. Understand, that I'm not assessing blame here, merely advising you that any indications of DV are taken very seriously by LE agencies. The fact that a DVPO was issued is ample basis for a very comprehensive inquiry into the totality of circumstances surrounding it. I certainly don't expect you to share the circumstances surrounding the order on a public forum. You need to be aware though, that depending on the circumstances surrounding the issuance of the order, your application could be negatively impacted.

Comment

DVPO=Domestic Violence Protection Order, correct? If so, how can the officer even have a firearm?

Comment

Originally posted by sigcopper View Post
                DVPO=Domestic Violence Protection Order, correct? If so, how can the officer even have a firearm?
                If he was the one who was the protected person.
                Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Yes, sorry, to clarify - in this instance, the applicant is the one being protected. Apologies for the confusion.

Comment

If my applicant has a DVPO against them, I wouldn't bother doing a background.
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I always think the negative. I need to stop that.

Comment

Originally posted by Havyn08 View Post
                        Yes, sorry, to clarify - in this instance, the applicant is the one being protected. Apologies for the confusion.
                        That certainly clarifies the situation considerably. That said, agencies are very concerned about DV situations, regardless of who the victim is. Be prepared to fully disclose and explain all the circumstances surrounding the issuance of the DVPO.

Comment

I would actually look into it, get the applicants story, all associated paperwork including the application for the order.

If could be that the person was actually a victim and is doing their best to keep the offender away through all legal possibilites.

There are a lot of psycho men/women/ex's/etc................

Everyone deserves an opportunity to defend themselves, if it's not on the automatic DQ list, then do the investigation.
                          "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

I have absolutely no problem with full disclosure on my part. What I was wondering is whether or not HIS opinion about ME will be weighed, as he is a manipulative liar, and whether or not the BI will want to contact him at all being that he is guaranteed to absolutely despise me and wish me ill will.

Comment

Originally posted by Havyn08 View Post
                              I have absolutely no problem with full disclosure on my part. What I was wondering is whether or not HIS opinion about ME will be weighed, as he is a manipulative liar, and whether or not the BI will want to contact him at all being that he is guaranteed to absolutely despise me and wish me ill will.
                              Of course HIS opinion will be weighed......................along with many other people's opinions. The background investigator normally has a pretty good BS meter as well as being a seasoned investigator.

To begin with, do you actually think that an investigator only wants to talk to those people who will paint you with rose colored glasses. AH no!

We want to see all your warts BEFORE we hire you.

I will almost guarantee you that a good background investigator will talk to between 50-100 people about you before they finish their investigation. Most of them you will not have named on your BI forms
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6716 users online. 354 members and 6362 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X