Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any hope on becoming an officer with my history?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any hope on becoming an officer with my history?

I'll be straight and to the point. I have a B.A in History from the University of Virginia. Since you guys say honest here is the run down.

The bad.

Smoked Pot 30 times throughout my life.
    Ate mushrooms once. 2009
    Tried cocaine twice. 2009, 2010
    One speeding ticket. 2007
    One rolling stop. 2008

I'm 23 years old right now. Should I give up on trying to become a police officer? Or if I wait a few years I might have a chance?

Not a snowballs chance in hell.
    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

You thought cocaine was a good idea as recently as last year and you want to be a cop?

Maybe if you don't screw up again until you are 30, you *might* have a chance. But not right now with any departments in my area.

Comment

JRod,

30 times smoking marijuana is far beyond the experimentation threshold for most, if not all departments. Combined with your other drug use, no real chance.

I would recommend finding another career path to pursue.
        Brad

Comment

HAHA! I hope this is a joke!

If it isn't, then no, you're screwed.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys, quick and to the point, I appreciate it. I'll move on then and look to other things. Good luck on your future and stay safe.

Comment

I have to agree with my colleagues.

Comment

I'm sorry but you'll never be a cop. Ever.

Comment

I would try.. Do not let anyone stop you from attempting a career. Honesty is important.... Apply and when and if you get asked explain that you where young and dump and experimental and the choices you made where completely stupid! This forum is for people to give a opinion.. that's what I love about it! No one can tell you what to write or how to write your feelings! Could you be turned down over and over? maybe.. or maybe there's a Chief out there who would hire someone who admits there mistakes..

Comment

deputymel makes a good point. I agree there are probably departments out there that will hire you. But they are more than likely low paying rural towns where they don't get a lot of applicants(no offense to the small town guys, I started in a small town and have a lot of respect for them) and even then it will be an up hill battle convincing a chief to hire you. I know plenty of chiefs that would rather leave a position unfilled than "take what they can get"
                    Last edited by Dingo990; 03-28-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

I'm a chief in a small rural town and I can tell you there is no way you would get a job at my department ever...
                      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
                      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Originally posted by JRod View Post
                        Smoked Pot 30 times throughout my life
                        Maybe....with that alone..... BUT...

Ate mushrooms once. 2009
                        No freaking way.....

Tried cocaine twice. 2009, 2010
                        No freaking way.....especially since you just did Coke and Shrooms so recently......

You sitting around one day smoking weed, eating cheetos, and watching COPS when you suddendly have an epiphany that being a Cop instead of being chased by the Cops would be a good career move....?

Get real.... Use your History degree as there is no way in the world in today's economy with so many folks with great backgrounds actively looking that you will have a snowballs chance in hell of being hired on..... Especaily in the Commonwealth........

Comment

Assuming you're serious, .... you're toast.

Comment

no way, sorry guy.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                              Assuming you're serious, .... you're toast.
                              Sir, I think with all his drug use the proper term is "baked".
                              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4767 users online. 283 members and 4484 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X