Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAPD..Really? Advice please.

Hello everybody.

Tuesday I'll be going to LA for the written test.

I been reading some posts from you guys about LAPD. Do I really have a chance of getting hired? I am a 22 year old white male, holding an Associates degree in criminal justice; I hear LAPD discriminates against white males. Of course, these could have been sour judgements from unqualified applicants, but I just do not want to waste my time.

If I do continue with the exams, will I really have to out perform even more-so compared, just to be considered for being white?

Would I really be better off being black, brown or turqoise.

PS: This is my first written exam; a confidence booster about what to exppect tuesday is greatly appreciated. - I will buy each and every one of you In-n-out, or sonics burgers for helping.

Tony.

You won't have a chance at all unless you try.

There are several LA area officers on-board who will probably answer your post in more detail.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Tony, I'm going to suggest you visit the following website.www.policebackground.net . This is a privately owned website designed to assist LAPD applicants going through the hiring process. Very briefly: In common with many hiring processes , LA's is impersonal, lengthy, and often frustrating. Your membership in the forum I have suggested will eliminate none of the frustrations, but possibly make them a little easier to put up with. I'll answer one question for you right now. You will NOT be discriminated against because of your status as a white.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5801 users online. 349 members and 5452 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X