Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling down

Hi cops

I want to start with saying thanks a lot for the service you are providing for the public and the awsome job you are doing.

I have few questions. I have a dream of becoming an officer, so I started taking online education, a Criminal Justice degree with Penn Foster college. I came to find out later that most employers dont accept an online degree and it has to be through a campus based college. What do you think guys?

My second question is: Is learner's permit a moving or non moving violation?

Thanks a bunch

Originally posted by wntbeacop View Post
    Hi cops

I want to start with saying thanks a lot for the service you are providing for the public and the awsome job you are doing.

I have few questions. I have a dream of becoming an officer, so I started taking online education, a Criminal Justice degree with Penn Foster college. I came to find out later that most employers dont accept an online degree and it has to be through a campus based college. What do you think guys?

Thanks a bunch

Any college credit needs to be from an accredited school. There are several online schools that would be just fine.

In Iowa it would be a moving violation. A serious moving violation.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

There are a lot of cops with on-line degrees. People with late starts and aren't always afforded the opportunity to go to school while living at home without working. If your college is nationally accredited you should be good to go. In some states like mine the credits can come from either regionally accredited colleges or nationally accredited.

Comment

Hi cops

Thanks a bunch
        Violation of Driver License Restriction. It's a mover, and a serious one. On line education is accepted by virtually any agency I can think of. The caution is that the school be accredited. That's the first thing you should check for.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          Violation of Driver License Restriction. It's a mover, and a serious one. On line education is accepted by virtually any agency I can think of. The caution is that the school be accredited. That's the first thing you should check for.
          The college is called Pennfoster and its nationally accredited. I heard most agencies accept only regionally accredited.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

The college is called Pennfoster and its nationally accredited. I heard most agencies accept only regionally accredited.

A nationally accredited school should be good to go-------------------- I think you heard wrong.---------or whoever told you that was wrong.

Penn Foster College is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education and is authorized to award Associate of Science and Bachelor of Science Degrees.

College Credit Recommendations

The American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for 182 Penn Foster College courses. The American Council on Education, the major coordinating body for all the nation's higher education institutions, seeks to provide leadership and a unifying voice on key higher education issues and to influence public policy through advocacy, research, and program initiatives. For more information, visit the ACE CREDIT website at www.acenet.edu.
            Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-16-2011, 01:08 PM.
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

It's accredited for Independent study...and just by looking at Penn foster...it doesn't look like you get a degree in CJ, you only obtain 21 credits towards a CJ degree and only an Associates at that?
              "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                It's accredited for Independent study...and just by looking at Penn foster...it doesn't look like you get a degree in CJ, you only obtain 21 credits towards a CJ degree and only an Associates at that?
                Actually he has a few more options to choose from. A certificate, an A.S. or a B.S.

http://www.pennfostercollege.edu/cat-legal.html

And yes. PennFoster is nationally accredited. http://www.pennfostercollege.edu/accreditation.html

Originally posted by Penn Foster's Website
                Accreditation

Penn Foster College has met the high standards of integrity and performance set by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) in Washington, D.C. The DETC is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4003 users online. 258 members and 3745 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X