300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amount of Debt or Just Credit Score

When in backgrounds does your amount of debt matter if you have a good credit score. I have never been late on payments and have no negative information on my credit report but have a good amount of debt. Is this going to be a major issue?
    R.I.P. Officer Wayne McLaughlin

No, the only thing the agencies care about is how you are handling your debt as Philipcal would say. Since you claim that you are responsible about paying off your debts it will not be an issue. If you were in debt and were frequently behind on payments the department may look at you as a liability or as being susceptible to bribery to pay off some bills.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
      No, the only thing the agencies care about is how you are handling your debt as Philipcal would say. Since you claim that you are responsible about paying off your debts it will not be an issue. If you were in debt and were frequently behind on payments the department may look at you as a liability or as being susceptible to bribery to pay off some bills.
      +1

Not interested in the amount of debt as long as you're up to date and never late.

Comment

Originally posted by COASTIE01 View Post
        When in backgrounds does your amount of debt matter if you have a good credit score. I have never been late on payments and have no negative information on my credit report but have a good amount of debt. Is this going to be a major issue?
        mikeymedic has quoted me correctly. Do not confuse a credit score with debt, although they are very much related. Once more, what is going to matter is the manner in which you're handling your debt. That's critical.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
          Once more, what is going to matter is the manner in which you're handling your debt. That's critical.
          Yep, that's the only thing my department looks at. If you are late on bills here and there, it's no biggie, especially if you can explain it (I.E. lose of job, unexpected expenses, ect). We check to make sure you are overall responsible person who isn't stiffing card credit and cell phone companies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3887 users online. 224 members and 3663 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X