Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by OneAdam12; 03-24-2011, 10:10 PM.
    Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCop View Post
      I will give my standard answer to this type of question, if you have to ask, then no, you probably are not going to be a Cop.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Glock 09 View Post
        Maybe to make it clearer, my question was more toward how will every department (ex: depts B-Z) you apply for know the non-disclosure/issue on another dept's (dept A) application. I get how they can search your criminal record almost instantly with the help of an FBI database.
        Let me make it clearer

When you apply at Department X...............they will ask if you have ever applied to any other departments. They will then ask for the names of those departments.. Departments talk to each other

If you don't tell them about another department -----and they find out. Once again we have an integrity issue.

Also remember that the Law Enforcement community is pretty small. People know people all over the country. We are the biggest street gang in the world.
        Last edited by Iowa #1603; 03-24-2011, 06:28 PM.
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
          Let me make it clearer

When you apply at Department X...............they will ask if you have ever applied to any other departments. They will then ask for the names of those departments.. Departments talk to each other

If you don't tell them about another department -----and they find out. Once again we have an integrity issue.

Ok, one can count on the application question "what other depts have you applied for," I've seen it almost every time. But let's say someone doesn't list all dept(whether they are trying to hide something like what they answered for a drug, psych., criminal record question ect; or if they don't "have an issue" and just can't remember/find all the depts they've applied to in the past with their respective dates). How would a dept find all the places they've applied? Obviously they will call cities you've lived/worked in and some neighboring communities, but they can't call the 100s of depts in your state. One can apply to depts hundreds of miles from home or even out of state and unless one volunteers this on the application, how would a dept find out otherwise? Just asking because a previous LEO poster made it sound like it was a done deal, just like the criminal search in the federal databases.

Comment

Ok, one can count on the application question "what other depts have you applied for," I've seen it almost every time. But let's say someone doesn't list all dept(whether they are trying to hide something like what they answered for a drug, psych., criminal record question ect; or if they don't "have an issue" and just can't remember/find all the depts they've applied to in the past with their respective dates). How would a dept find all the places they've applied? Obviously they will call cities you've lived/worked in and some neighboring communities, but they can't call the 100s of depts in your state. One can apply to depts hundreds of miles from home or even out of state and unless one volunteers this on the application, how would a dept find out otherwise? Just asking because a previous LEO poster made it sound like it was a done deal, just like the criminal search in the federal databases.

Also remember that the Law Enforcement community is pretty small. People know people all over the country. We are the biggest street gang in the world.
            I was looking at our hiring list one day............these people had been given job offers. I had not been involved in that particular round of hires.

I saw a name----just so happens this guy got fired from a department across the state. But, I knew a guy who knew a guy who told a guy about him being fired. His job offer was rescinded. He told us that he left the department because he didn't get along with one of his supervisors.......that just wasn't true.

Now to address your current post.

Of course you (or some mythical applicant) can lie. You can probably get away with it. BUT I will bet that every application you have ever seen has a statement saying that what you submit is a true statement.......and yo sign to that affect. THEN if you get caught in a lie----it is called perjury. You are correct that an agency isn't going to contact every agency in the area---or even the state, but you would really be surprised just how small the community is..................

That "previous LEO poster" has been involved in his agencies hiring process for quite a few years as have I.

Doing a BI is interesting-------you meet a lot of people who know the subject of the investigation. One tactic that isn't "super secret squirrel" is that every person you give as a contact is asked for 5 or so other people who know you---------and those 5 are asked the same. You would be surprised what that person twice removed from your reference list will tell us............................
            Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

And when that department finds out, years later, that you lied on your application.......want to hazard a guess as to what happens to you then?

Google the term 'brady law enforcement officer'......because that is what you will be after an agency, ANY agency finds out that you lied on an official document.
              The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

I was looking at our hiring list one day............these people had been given job offers. I had not been involved in that particular round of hires.

I saw a name----just so happens this guy got fired from a department across the state. But, I knew a guy who knew a guy who told a guy about him being fired. His job offer was rescinded. He told us that he left the department because he didn't get along with one of his supervisors.......that just wasn't true.

Now to address your current post.

Of course you (or some mythical applicant) can lie. You can probably get away with it. BUT I will bet that every application you have ever seen has a statement saying that what you submit is a true statement.......and yo sign to that affect. THEN if you get caught in a lie----it is called perjury. You are correct that an agency isn't going to contact every agency in the area---or even the state, but you would really be surprised just how small the community is..................

That "previous LEO poster" has been involved in his agencies hiring process for quite a few years as have I.

Doing a BI is interesting-------you meet a lot of people who know the subject of the investigation. One tactic that isn't "super secret squirrel" is that every person you give as a contact is asked for 5 or so other people who know you---------and those 5 are asked the same. You would be surprised what that person twice removed from your reference list will tell us............................
                1. Thanks for imputting your experiences.
                2. I've heard about asking for contacts from the references you provide, and sure it is a quite common practice.
                3. I had just read too much into the posts, thinking that he was implying some state/centralized database of applications like the federal database of criminal records.

Thanks
                Last edited by Glock 09; 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

here are the MN minimum standards:

609.224 Assault in the fifth degree
                  609.2242 Domestic Assault
                  609.23 Mistreatment of persons confined
                  609.231 Mistreatment of residents or patients
                  609.2325 Criminal Abuse (vulnerable adult)
                  609.233 Criminal Neglect (vulnerable adult)
                  609.2335 Financial Exploitation (vulnerable adult)
                  609.234 Failure to report (maltreatment of a vulnerable adult under MN §626.557)
                  609.324 Other prohibited acts (prostitution related)
                  609.465 Presenting false claims
                  609.466 Medical assistance fraud
                  609.52 Theft (Including petty crimes)
                  609.72 Subd. 3 Disorderly conduct (re: vulnerable adult)
                  243.166 Registration of predatory offenders
                  243.167 Registration under the predatory offender registration law for other offenses

You theft would disbar you from MN.

Check here for your state:

http://www.ptb.state.il.us/
                  Last edited by sigcopper; 03-26-2011, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
                    Learn to spell........

Critique
                    Eligibility
                    Beat me to it. Just shows the state of our education system....

I have a bachelor's degree in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration with a minor in Forensic Psychology
                    Originally posted by crass cop
                    Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Agencies do credit checks. a cred history will show the checks.....the checks will be checked against your PHQ. Now, ask me how i know this...
                      Originally posted by crass cop
                      Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5140 users online. 311 members and 4829 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X