300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesterfield Va PD

Im looking for someone who either works for Chesterfield county police, or has worked there, to see if they can give me any info on the area, department, etc. I am originally from Emporia about an hour south, but you only hear the bad stuff on the news. I have applied, and passed the written exam with them. My background interview, polygraph, and PT are all March 22. I hope I get the job regardless, but I was still wondering if anyone could give me any info on them. Thanks
    Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil because my GOD IS GREATER.

Feel free to send me a PM. I've been with them for just shy of 3 years.
    Chesterfield County Police

Comment

Do you have any advice for their written test I take it in April?

Comment

Are you just taking the written or the physical agility as well?

Show up early... don't be one of the bums that comes in 10 minutes late "yo I'm here to be a cop is this the right place?" You can't study for the exam ahead of time, but it's very similar to the practice tests that you see in the Police Officer Exam prep books at your local book store. And take your time, points aren't awarded for finishing first. There is more than enough time to finish the entire test.

Chesterfield hires a lot from PA and NY. Good luck!

Comment

thanks a lot I'm really starting to get excited about it. I also taking to physical agility portion of the test on the same day

Comment

As I recall then you can just show up in your PT clothes for the entire portion. Make sure it doesn't specify business attire before listening to me though. That's how the process started for me and we all showed up in our PT gear. There were people coming in 15 - 20 minutes after the Detective was already passing out tests. Ridiculous. On my test date there were around 50 people.

If you haven't done a ride along yet, I highly encourage you do so! The ride along helped me a lot when speaking with my background investigator and on my panel interview.

Comment

I'm suprised they let the people who came in late into the testing area. LOL if it was me I would've closed the door on them and said if it aint important enought to you to show up on time then we dont want you

Comment

That's the way the testing went for me. At 8:00, the doors were closed. The academy staff said there were over 100 people scheduled to test that day, we started with 77, and 64 went on to the physical test and BPAD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4708 users online. 263 members and 4445 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X