Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit worried...

Hello all!

Usually I hang out in the New York section of the forums but I figured I would expand my horizons, and come ask a question on the "Ask a Cop" section. So currently I work for a University Police Department, but at the same time I have my last piece of the hiring process for another large department on wednesday. The last leg of the hiring process for me is the drug test. Here's where I get a little nervous. Back in August of 2010 when I began working at the University Police Department, there was a day during training which we were put in a confined dorm room, and one of our narcotics detectives came in, and under "Controlled cirumstances" lit a piece of marijuana enough that we were able to smell, and later be able to testify in court to the ordor of marijuana. We were in this room for 30-45 minutes, going over different scenarios, paraphanalia, etc. My concern is that this may show up in my hair sample I must give on wednesday. Ive spoken with memebers of the department, they said its nothing to worry about but I just wanted to get some feedback from other members of the law enforcement community. Thank you in advance!
    sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

highly unlikely
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

This is a recognized training procedure so even in the HIGHLY unlikely event something would occur-------------an explanation & affidavit from your detective would suffice.

Ok that was the technical answer. In reality.........................the situation was several months ago ----and you had only tangential exposure to second had marijuana smoke. You did not "inhale" & thus deeply ingest it into your system. I don't see a problem.
      My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

No way it is going to show up.

In the near impossible event it does, go with Iowa's advice.

Cops work around marijuana all the time, I know a couple times a week I am exposed to a heavy haze in someone's house, car, ect and it's never been an issue.

Comment

Breathe deeply. You have a verified "use". Enjoy.

After exposure to Meth, I'm now an SME. Not as fun as the weed though...
          Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
            Breathe deeply. You have a verified "use". Enjoy.

After exposure to Meth, I'm now an SME. Not as fun as the weed though...
            True story-------

In my academy class the instructor brought in a joint................and lit it.

He then passed it around the room so we could get a good close exposure.

One of the "younger" officers from a very small department-------------took a hit off of it as he was passing it on.

Ok this was 32 yrs ago so I don't want to hear all the crap from everyone.
            By the way he was a SGT on his 3 man department.........and he had less than 1 yr on when he was sent to the academy!!!!!!!!!

No it was not me--------------I was marginally older and with a much bigger department.

Comment

Thanks alot guys. Ill Keep everyone posted on the outcome of the test. I was thinking of bringing a verified letter from the detective who was present that day, expressing how it was under controlled conditions and for a job. This is just me being anxious because I have been waiting for the call from this department for awhile now, and now that its finally here I want everything to go over as smoothly as possible. Stay safe out there.
              sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

Don't see any problems for you at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                  True story-------

In my academy class the instructor brought in a joint................and lit it.

He then passed it around the room so we could have a good time

We all took a hit off of it as it was being passed around.

Ok this was 32 yrs ago so I don't want to hear all the crap from everyone.
                  Fixed it for you

Comment

I had this same concern a while back after a week prior being in a smoke filled house while working as a police officer. I did not pop for drugs even on the hair test and I was exposed for about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
                      I had this same concern a while back after a week prior being in a smoke filled house while working as a police officer. I did not pop for drugs even on the hair test and I was exposed for about 10 minutes.
                      Thanks a lot MikeyMedic! I had the test administered this morning, they took almost all my leg hair because whats on my head isnt long enough. I never want to have this done again, my leg looks like Steve Carrell's chest in "40 Year Old Virgin". ha ha
                      sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

There are actually agencies that use hair for drug testing?? I thought that was just a myth.
                        GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                            There are actually agencies that use hair for drug testing?? I thought that was just a myth.
                            Yeah my agency uses hair. The reason being, its much harder to beat a hair test (Almost impossible), and your hair acts as a timeline of your drug use so they can test back a set number of months that they choose. In my case they are going back 3 months.
                            sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

Originally posted by OPD22 View Post
                              In my case they are going back 3 months.
                              Not using leg hair ------------the hair sloughs off your extremities faster than that.................

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2303 users online. 139 members and 2164 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X