300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background question

So, if you have an expunged/sealed juvenile record do you have to disclose what the 2 things on them are? even if the expunged confirmation paper work says that you do not because all files related have been destroyed? Just trying to figure it out so i don't lie. the 2 things are misdemeanor for making a piccolo pete bomb. Thanks for the help.

Short answer: Yes. In a Law Enforcement Background Investigation there is no such thing as an "Expunged/Sealed" Record. That applies to Juvenile Adjudications as well. List the charges, dates/times. dispositions.

Comment

^^^This^^^

BI's can and will find anything....there is nothing wrong with being honest.

Comment

since it happened while i was 15 years old is there a possible chance that it could hinder me? the thing is the court system where this took place has no record of it happening and cant tell me the actually charges where. So how would i explain this? If the LE BI can find this then why did the judge that signed the expunged record say i do not have to legally disclose this to an employer?

Comment

You can argue this point with us all day long, but I'm only going to take the time to briefly offer you one more explanation. The incident(s) cite sounds relatively minor, and provided it represents your only brush with the law, probably won't hinder you. What will hinder you is a willful failure to disclose the arrest, charges, and adjudication. What the Judge told you is entirely correct, as it would apply to a non-law enforcement job application. Applications to Law Enforcement agencies are a whole nuther ball game, and you're best advised once more, to disclose all the information relative to the arrest. Here it is again, and from me, for the last time, the Background Investigator will be able to access your Juvenile record. Go to the bank with that statement. Each and every day Background Investigators access records, both Juvenile and Adult, which have been sealed and expunged. So, if you want to totally screw up your chances of being hired, fail to disclose the arrest and adjudication. As far as explaining the arrest is concerned, there will be ample space provided on the application for you to do this. If necessary, you can attach seperate sheets.

Comment

thanks i wasnt trying to agrue

Comment

While the disclosure laws will vary from state to state, for the most part, you will probably have to tell them.

Even California, which is very liberal, only has a few exceptions where people with expunged records can conceal it from a BI. Take a look at http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf and read pages 5-41 and 5-42. It will give an idea of what California applicants must disclose. It even points out that expunged felonies are an automatic disqualifier.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5545 users online. 321 members and 5224 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X