300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amending an application

I sent in an application this evening, but after doing so, I received an email back from a prior manager of my past employer at the job I had right before joining the military. She left the company a few years ago, so finding her was a headache and I just happened to get lucky. I searched white pages online and was able to get an email address for this person. She's a good reference and I'm glad I was able to track her down but need to amend my application.

The application is done strictly online and sent to the city and obviously once it's sent (which it was), I can't edit it. There are contact names/numbers for any issues/questions regarding applications. Do you see getting another reference on to the application being a simple fix that they can do for me?

I know I can just call tomorrow and get a straight answer, but I'm restless/sleepless right now and figured I'd ask.

Sounds like a simple update which shouldn't be a problem. Give them a call in the AM. Get some sleep.

Comment

Thanks! Will try to sleep now.

Comment

The guy who receives the govt applications told me to hold off and just amend the application during the background investigation.

So my question: will the background investigator handling my stuff be in contact with me at some point? It's not all "behind the curtains" stuff?

Comment

If you make it to the Background portion, then yes a BI will be contacting you and then you can update/add anything you need to at that point.
          "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks.

Could someone tell me what kind of interactions I could expect to have with a BI? I'm just curious.

Also, I just got out of the military and am planning on living with my parents through the fall semester. If I'm still living here when/if a BI gets to work on me, would it look bad, me being with my parents?
            Last edited by concon02; 07-02-2010, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by concon02 View Post
              Sounds good. Thanks.

Could someone tell me what kind of interactions I could expect to have with a BI? I'm just curious.

Also, I just got out of the military and am planning on living with my parents through the fall semester. If I'm still living here when/if a BI gets to work on me, would it look bad, me being with my parents?
              The background is lengthy, time consuming and costly. A BI should not even know you exist until you first get a passing grade on the written, oral and physical agility. Even then. people are usually hired in the order of their combined test scores (highest score first, second highest score next, third highest score after that).

So assuming you pass everything, only when your score starts to makes you reachable on the list will the BI take a look at you. (If they are only hiring five people right now and your score makes you number 10 on the list, they are not going to get to you until they hire another 4 people first.)

In short, this will not be a quick process.
              Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by concon02 View Post
                Sounds good. Thanks.

A quick search this forum in reference to Background information and you will find all of your answers instead of repeating yourself.

As already stated, the whole process itself is lenghty. Some BI's you will talk to a lot, some not so much. Depends on how much you tell them, how much they find out about you and how serious you are about the job. Some find out something you omitted, call your bluff on it, turn the info in and you are DQ'ed. Not saying this will happen, but that's the nature of a background process.

I doubt they will care one way or another if you are living with your parents while going through the process.
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7251 users online. 259 members and 6992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X