300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polygraph attire?

I have a polygraph coming up and I have been instructed to wear a short sleeve shirt, with an outer garment.

For every part of the process (except the physical agility) I wear suits. What should I do here? Wear my suit sipowicz style?

Thank you.

t-shirt and dress shirt works or short sleeved dress shirt and sport coat.
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

dress warmly. Sometimes they make it real cold
      Last edited by bigdog904; 06-27-2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

short sleeve polo and khaki pants with nice dress shoes.

I wore a banana hammock and a sombrero to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog904 View Post
          dress as warm as possible they usually try to freeze you up before the poly, they like to get every edge they can in this waste of time process.
          I figure I will go with a polo, khakis and dress shoes.

Do you mind elaborating about trying to "freeze" up applicants before the poly? My first and only polygraph was in a small room, it was short and to the point (and I passed).

I do recall from one of my deception classes, examiners would like to leave the applicant in the room for some time, alone, to shake them up. Is this what you are referring to?

Thank you

Comment

This is probably the worst part because some people actually fail who are honest, the machine detects the effects of deception on/in the body not actual lying, there is no machine for that. I have had no problem in the past and you probably will not either I just hate seeing people not pass who are not trying to deceive the machine.
            Last edited by bigdog904; 06-27-2010, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Definately try to dress as warm as possible without showing. Dont show up in a parka or anything. The main thing is to try and stay as comfortable as you can...dont tense up and, if you dont have anything to hide then you will be fine anyway. All of the guys that I know that answers that came into question were nervous....dont be.

Comment

I had always thought that a suit is "the outfit" for anything regarding the PD.

Comment

Originally posted by scvideoguy View Post
                  I had always thought that a suit is "the outfit" for anything regarding the PD.
                  That's what I thought but I don't want to show up in a suit and them say "did you not read our specific instructions". But I bet when I show up 10 others will be in suits and I will look like the chump in a polo and slacks. I will update you guys with how it goes..

Comment

this is all useful info. thanks guys. i got my polygraph coming up next week too. they also told me to dress casual and that short sleeve shirts are suggested. they also said that the poly will take about 2-3 hours to complete when someone actually told me that it takes less then 30 min. annd they only ask you about 10-15 questions. not sure how true this is.

Comment

Originally posted by kamu View Post
                      this is all useful info. thanks guys. i got my polygraph coming up next week too. they also told me to dress casual and that short sleeve shirts are suggested. they also said that the poly will take about 2-3 hours to complete when someone actually told me that it takes less then 30 min. annd they only ask you about 10-15 questions. not sure how true this is.
                      My first polygraph was about 12 questions. Took about 10 minutes to run through the questions with my examiner (dry run), 5 minutes to answer the questions when hooked up on the machine, another 10 minutes of waiting in the hallway to get my results. I was told I passed, which I had a feeling I did because we only went through the questions once when hooked up on the polygraph. The examiner told me if there were any signs on deception they may ask the questions a second time, or in a different way of wording.

Comment

ok, thanks. my dad is a retired assistant police chief in a different state and he said that they only tell you its 2-3 hours to scare you and make you nervous. i was truthful on every part of the app process so im not worried about taking the test, just worried my nerves will kick in for a false positive result.

Comment

Wear what they told you to wear. Business attire would be fine, a short sleeve shirt and tie and dress slacks and shoes meet the requirements. Bring a jacket just in case you get cold before or after. Works for me.
                          Police Academy Coordinator
                          35+ years as a cop

No one gets left behind!sigpic

My Police Academy's Facebook Page
                          YouTubes Largest Military Videos Poster -www.usmilitaryvideos.net
                          Like us on Facebook - US Military
                          Florida Carry Inc. Facebook page, 2nd Amendment Support Group.

Comment

I wore slacks, dress shoes and a polo to my polygraph this morning. Everything went very well.

Thanks all.

Comment

A white tux and tails would just be overdoing it, I think.

Glad to hear that it went well.
                              Sure, that badge will get you midgets, but those midgets will get that badge!

The more I learn about people, the more I prefer the company of my dogs.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5085 users online. 281 members and 4804 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X