X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maestro
    replied
    Originally posted by L-1 View Post
    Go here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf and start reading the Financial Section at Page 149. It should answer most of your questions.
    Thank you all- I will sleep better tonight!

Leave a comment:

• L-1
    replied
    Go here http://lib.post.ca.gov/Publications/bi.pdf and start reading the Financial Section at Page 149. It should answer most of your questions.

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Once again, PhilipCal is right. Think about this, everyone with a home mortgage has anywhere between $20,000 and $150,000 dollars of debt. However, if you are paying your bills responsibly then the debt amount is USUALLY irrelevant. Now, If you are say 25 and have $2,000,000 in debt I would see some red flags going up.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    As long as you're current on your bills/debts, you shouldn't have a problem. What many Departments are looking for, is how an applicant is handling debts at the time they apply. Prompt, reliable discharge of debt is viewed as a measure of overall responsibility. The financial aspects which raise eyebrows,cause questions, and lead to Disqualification, are accounts with histories of late payments, accounts which have been /are in collections, have been charged off/written off. Bankruptcy can be a problem, but a past one is not always a DQ. Again, what's critical, is how the applicant is currently handling his obligations. Based on your post, you should have no problems here.

Leave a comment:

• oneoldcop
    replied
    shouldn't cause you any problems.

Leave a comment:

• Maestro
    started a topic Question regarding financials

Question regarding financials

Greetings all,

Can you shed some light on the possible DQ's on the credit history/financial questionnaire? I am applying for the first time for a law enforcement position, and while I have some debt, all payments are current and always have been.
    Last edited by Maestro; 05-30-2010, 06:47 PM. Reason: Misspelling

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3878 users online. 265 members and 3613 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X