Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some advice about desert hot springs!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice about desert hot springs!!

I just got a call from one of the gals in the HR department and they are conducting interviews this thursday(short notice) and she want me to submit an app. and have an oral interview at 8:30. The dilemma i have is that there are 4 spots open and they have about 20 people to interview both academy grads and laterals, i would think that they would consider hiring the laterals before academy grads, if thats true then i would just be wasting my time.does anyone have any feedback for advice that would help me out.
    thank you

I am going to tell you from the processes I was a part of, interviewing 20 for 4 spots is an amazing ratio. The process I was hired from had 180 take the written, 50 interviewed with the panel, 7 with the Chief, and I was the only one hired so far. Every department is different in what they are looking for. Keep in mind hiring a lateral means they are getting them with whatever training / habits they got from the previous department, and that is not always positive. Keep your head high, go to the interview, and see where it goes. If nothing else you will gain experience from the interview, which is invaluable. Obviously you bring something to the table, otherwise you would not be part of the 20 they want to interview.

Comment

Originally posted by jakeA View Post
      I just got a call from one of the gals in the HR department and they are conducting interviews this thursday(short notice) and she want me to submit an app. and have an oral interview at 8:30. The dilemma i have is that there are 4 spots open and they have about 20 people to interview both academy grads and laterals, i would think that they would consider hiring the laterals before academy grads, if thats true then i would just be wasting my time.does anyone have any feedback for advice that would help me out.
      thank you
      Even laterals can test poorly and have crappy backgrounds. Give it a shot. Every thing in life is 50/50. You either get it or you don't.

Comment

I can't speak for current conditions. However, Desert Hot Springs has a history of being a crap hole department that has been disbanded several times because of serious internal problems, has had many of its officers, arrested, is highly underpaid and serves a community (bikers, meth labs and a mental hospital) few people want to deal with.

With that in mind, the laterals you will be competing against are most likely folks who left their prior agencies under less than honorable conditions, have severe medical, psych or background issues, or are coming from departments worse than Desert Hot Springs. If you have your head on your shoulders, a clean background and are in good health and physical shape, you should do well in the competition. OTOH, you may have a problem with the psych simply based on the fact that you willingly want to work in such a crap hole.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8035 users online. 428 members and 7607 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X