Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispatch experience instead of college?

Would 5 years of dispatching experience outweigh the fact I did not complete any college?

It depends on what the minimum requirements for the job are.

If the job specs require X units of college but say, "In lieu of college, Y years of dispatching experience may be substituted" then you should be ok. OTOH, if they just list X years of college as a a minimum requirement, then you are probably out of luck.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Well I meant assuming college/military is not required would dispatch be a good "replacement" so to speak for them as far as life/real world experience?

Comment

Originally posted by kirkhammett View Post
        Well I meant assuming college/military is not required would dispatch be a good "replacement" so to speak for them as far as life/real world experience?
        Up to the department. It would ideally give you a ton more real-world LIFE experience than most other candidates. However, it will still not amount to LE experience beyond a certain point.

Comment

Well I know a lot of places want military or college. I'm just trying to get an idea of how I stack up against candidates with these backgrounds since I have neither although I did attend college, I did not earn any credits.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6696 users online. 365 members and 6331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X