300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I’m officially disheartened

I have a renter, and he is applying to the State Department of Corrections.

So yesterday I got in the mail a BG questionnaire regarding him as my renter.

A cold harsh reality overcame me in regard to my own application processes for various LEO positions.

The notarized dated Authorization to Release Information authorizing me to answer the questions was dated:

TWO THOUSAND AND SIX!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose I can expect the same timeline in my own applications?

About a year ago I decided while not to completely give up (I always keep at least ONE application active) I make absolutely no life decisions on the basis of this ever happening any time soon. When it does I’ll juggle things around then, and only then. I'm 37. Now is not the time to sit and wait.

4 years? I could get another degree, and be married by then only to be approached out of the blue.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

Originally posted by SCV-Sop View Post
    I have a renter, and he is applying to the State Department of Corrections.

So yesterday I got in the mail a BG questionnaire regarding him as my renter.

A cold harsh reality overcame me in regard to my own application processes for various LEO positions.

The notarized dated Authorization to Release Information authorizing me to answer the questions was dated:

TWO THOUSAND AND SIX!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose I can expect the same timeline in my own applications?

About a year ago I decided while not to completely give up (I always keep at least ONE application active) I make absolutely no life decisions on the basis of this ever happening any time soon. When it does I’ll juggle things around then, and only then. I'm 37. Now is not the time to sit and wait.

4 years? I could get another degree, and be married by then only to be approached out of the blue.
    Yeah, don't plan your life around any hiring process. Also a lot can change in these long processes, that's why candidates who applied 4 years might not have any interest in working at an agency now. Believe me, it has happened to me. Suddenly after 2 years an agency sending me letters telling me that they are hiring again, but they don't realize that I have moved on.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

IIRC California state corrections is very slow with their process, and when they are accepting applications it is for a very short time, like a day or so. A buddy of mine whose dad is a state co got in on the one day application but was later DQ'd for, what appeared to be, being deceitful on his app. I have read before, apply for a LEO job, then forget you applied.
      Originally Posted by Law100
      Note to everyone: notice how respect I am

Comment

It sounds like he scored so low on the test that he wasn't reachable until now.

Don't feel down in the dumps unless you scored low as well.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

It took me during this economic depression numerous applications to finally get hired. When I did the process from application-road was about a month.

Comment

If California is currently that backlogged, (Which I highly doubt) then shoot some applications out of state if you're able to.

-SC
            Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
            - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
            MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
            Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
            Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
            Various Graduate Credits - UoP
            MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
            DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5786 users online. 358 members and 5428 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X