300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Check Question - SJPD

I am at the stage of waiting for my background check. Is there anything that I can do to expedite the procedure?

As difficult as it may be, try to be patient. Don't be a pest and call your Background Investigator needlessly. Work on your physical fitness.....good rule of thumb is to be able to max the Army PT test for your gender/age group. Good Luck.
    Judge me by the enemies I have made----Unknown

Comment

Nope, because you have already done your part and now it's the BI's turn. Depending on the department, he might have another assignment like investigations to work on. I know it's rough, but hang in there and get yourself ready for the first day.

Comment

What steps do you have left? If there are any steps left that you need to brush up on I would do that. There is no way to make a BI work any faster other than staying out of his or her way.

Comment

Originally posted by fariello View Post
          I am at the stage of waiting for my background check. Is there anything that I can do to expedite the procedure?
          There is nothing you can do. The department (rather than applicants) gets to dictate the time and manner in which backgrounds are completed.

FWIW, civil service agencies are required to hire as vacancies occur and according to your test rankings. Highest score gets picked up first, second highest score gets picked up next, etc, You can rest assured that no one with a significantly lower score is going to get hired before you.

There is also another consideration. You didn't indicate whether they have even started you background. As previously mentioned, civil service agencies are required to hire as vacancies occur and according to your test rankings.. If they only have five vacancies at the moment and you are number 30 on the list, it may be months before anyone even looks at your background packet, let alone starts your background.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7152 users online. 363 members and 6789 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X