300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hearing problem

Can you still become an officer if you can only hear out of one ear and the other with an hearing aid?
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

A great many people think they are thinking, when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

I really don't know. I would think that you could. I wear an earpiece when on patrol for my radio, you could probably just put it in your good ear and have no trouble hearing the radio. Call up a recruiter at a local department that you are looking at applying and ask.

Comment

Depends on the dept.

Comment

So if the hearing aid fails, or gets knocked out of the ear, or you have the radio earpiece in the only ear with limited hearing, how are you going to function on the street?
        Free Deke O'Mally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by District B 13 View Post
          So if the hearing aid fails, or gets knocked out of the ear, or you have the radio earpiece in the only ear with limited hearing, how are you going to function on the street?
          Because if your on the street then your sense of hearing isn't the only sense you have. You also have sight as well. If my earpiece gets knocked out I can't hear the radio either if I'm not close to my car.

Comment

Your best bet would be to try and contact a doctor that does physicals on police officers for hiring. They would know what you need to pass and if you can pass the hearing test. I was given a hearing test before i was hired. That should be able to answer your question better than anyone on here can.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9668 users online. 450 members and 9218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X