Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for all of your responses and support.

I would like to state, however, I will not cry on the street. It's a totally different situation. Having my heart and soul into a job, and having impartial, unknown people be the definitive line between my getting it and not, is a helpless feeling. I'm not helpless on the street. I have some control over the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by marty33 View Post
      Everyone has emotions, and police are human too. But crying in the bright, comfortable, sterile environment of an oral board? I think thats a little much and an indicator of some type of emotional instability.
      And what is YOUR education and training that allows you to make such a statement. You want to know what made me tear up on my oral board? Talking about the dead two year old baby I pulled out of an old pool in someone's backyard...the pool wasn't even filled with water, it was filled with rain and p*ss from the parties her parents had very night. Did it move me? You're damn right it did...does it still? Yeah. Emotional unstable. Not on your life.
      sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

To the OP. The best advice you've gotten concerning your question has come from Smurfette. That fact doesn't surprise me one bit. My suggestion to you is, to read, and then re-read Smurf's replies. Advice, especially as it applies to your question(s), won't get any better. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
          Crying is NO indication you can't keep it together...it's often an indication that you're freaking human.
          X2.

Someonelkme....if they DQ you for that, I'd suggest looking at a different agency. Perhaps one that wants PEOPLE in their uniform....

Comment

Originally posted by Smurfette_76 View Post
            Chin up, tits out...go do it.
            You are such a cop....

Originally posted by marty33 View Post
            Everyone has emotions, and police are human too. But crying in the bright, comfortable, sterile environment of an oral board? I think thats a little much and an indicator of some type of emotional instability.

If the oral board moved you to tears, you will be bawling every day on the street.

And to add my two cents, I damn near cried at an oral board for the Nebraska State Patrol when I had to talk about a fellow deputy that I worked with who was murdered in the line of duty.

So I agree with Smurfette, STFU. Crying is an indicator of humanity not weakness.

Oh and by the way, I passed that board too.
            Last edited by wirefire2; 11-06-2009, 07:17 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6650 users online. 347 members and 6303 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X