300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long did it take you?

How long did it take you to get hired? From application to job offer? Maybe it will help those that have been trying for years to never give up, me included.

Thanks for the info.

Been answered here before bro. But it took me after self sponsor and a clean record with a degree and great fitness levels. About 6 months.

Comment

this last time about 45 minutes...

just kidding, don't fret, it Does take a while...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

It took me six months, and that was after four rejections.

-SC
        Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
        - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
        MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
        Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
        Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
        Various Graduate Credits - UoP
        MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
        DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

9 months the first time, 1 month the second time, 9 months (tentatively) this last time.

Comment

My first test was in 1992, I got hired in 2001.

Comment

Back in '88, I went and talked to the Chief in a different jurisdiction about the hiring process for his Department. I knew the man and he explained that it normally takes approximately 6 months. Next day, I was contacted by the Sheriff, who in turn, had talked to the Chief about me being interested in LE.
              After a 15 minute meeting with the Sheriff, I was hired. I filled out an application the following day. Was hired before submitting an application, so would that qualify as a "negative" day?

Guess my reputation preceded me.

Comment

Tested in early 07, hired in May of 09. Took awhile but I made it and couldn't be happier. I can't wait to go to work everyday!
                The only time you can have too much ammunition is when you're swimming or on fire

Comment

About 12 mins. I sat down with the Sheriff. We talked for a few minutes and then offered me a position conditioned after I take a few rides with the supervisors to make sure I wasn't an idiot.

Comment

Our process used to take approximately 3 to 4 months, but the Sheriff wanted it done quicker. Now we do it in approximately 60 days.

Comment

Time overall it took to get hired by an agency after starting applications: Year and a half

Time it took for my hiring agency to hire me after getting my application: 'Bout three and a half months

Stay determined, just keep looking for openings...for me, it was about applying at the right place at the right time.
                      I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later.

Comment

Originally posted by McWatt View Post

Stay determined, just keep looking for openings...for me, it was about applying at the right place at the right time.

McWatt is correct....it takes time and being at the right place at the right time
                        Chris

XBOX Live: Citizen GaKar

http://i36.tinypic.com/1zoxgtc.gif

Comment

Not long...

Comment

I graduated the acadamy may 2007 im still looking for a full time positions I have taken 23 tests and applied 25 times im currently a reserve deputy and before this I was a auxilary officer at different department. So I know its hard to get a job.

Comment

Eligible to be licensed in MN 8/15/08 and still looking. I'm down about 40+ applications and currently have 16 FU letters sitting on my desk. Plus I come with a LOT of non sworn experience. So you're not alone ;-)
                              Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3146 users online. 143 members and 3003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X