300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking my Physical Exam in January

anybody have any pointers on how to act during the test or what i should say to the officers giving the test? i dont really wanna make an *** out of myself or say the wrong thing.....i am professsional in most scenarios but i dont want to look like a robot wen i am talking to them wen they dont want to see that

Originally posted by thepizzle44 View Post
    anybody have any pointers on how to act during the test or what i should say to the officers giving the test? i dont really wanna make an *** out of myself or say the wrong thing.....i am professsional in most scenarios but i dont want to look like a robot wen i am talking to them wen they dont want to see that
    Just be professional.

-SC
    Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
    MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
    Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
    Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
    Various Graduate Credits - UoP
    MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
    DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

well thats easy enough for me.....thanks SC

Comment

Just my $0.02
        The ones that I have been too it seemed very informal.
        I was one of the few that dressed up (button shirt and khaki pants)

Cant hurt to address them as sir. /mam be polite, say thank you. do not question/fight what ever they say to you.

If you fail just accept it, don't ruin your chances of applying again in the future. Some depts will let you continue the exam even if you have failed.
        It wont count but it shows your a good sport and gives you some experience taking the test.
        The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

Physical fitness test i am assuming? if thats the case you dont really have to say much. do what your told, ask questions if you dont understand something during the test, and dress appropriately for the weather(especially if your outside in january). if for some reason they dont count a pushup or situp or whatever, dont argue, you wont win. just make the next pushup/situp better and continue.

short answer, be professional.
          Last edited by Glory Days; 11-02-2009, 10:47 PM.
          I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.

Comment

If they are in uniform then address them by rank. If not just say sir or mamm. Don't argue and make sure you can understand the directions fully.

Comment

thanks guys.....for my last test i was dressed up with my hair cut clean shaven etc.... only about 10 other people came in dressed like i did.....others were in hoodies and sweatpants and other stuff....kinda got me thinking why they would show up pretty much to a job interview looking like a scrub....but i'll check out what exactly they would like me to wear to the physical (show up in suit and change into gym attire) i know alot of other agencies in RI like to see that...thanks guys

Comment

I would just recommend showing up in what your going to wear for the test(still has to be tasteful though, no shirts with swear words or anything like that). might be kind of akward if you show up, sign in and 5 minutes later are being told to get in the front leaning rest position to start doing pushups and you havent had time to change yet and you are still in a suit. plus again, my opinion, if you show up not dressed for the test, it might show you have no clue what your about to do. and of course, clean shaven, haircut, and any piercings taken out.
                I don't have to be careful. I got a gun.

Comment

cool that sounds good to me......thanks alot guys i appreciate it

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3962 users online. 248 members and 3714 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X