300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this conviction hurt me?

haaaaaaa made you look but seriously this is about a conviction and my apps although it's not mine

I just found out one of my personal character references (a good friend of mine) actually has a conviction on her record from her wild teen years. The charge is "disturbing the peace" or something to that effect; she and her boyfriend were really getting into it outside a club or bar or something and she called the intervening officer a not nice name

She manned up to it and plead guilty and got community service or something plus a 100 dollar fine, or maybe just the fine I'm not entirely sure because when I found out I sort of hit the roof that she kept that from me when I asked if she wouldn't mind being a reference. She never told anyone because once she sobered up the next day and realized what exactly had happened she was apparently pretty embarassed about the whole thing and figured it best to never mention it ever again. It happened about 4 years ago when she was 19

I know someone's going to say "you're judged by the company you keep" but this is something you never would have guessed this girl capable of if you knew her. I'm wondering if the background guys look into your references' files to make sure they aren't known anarchists or criminals or nazis or whatever and what her indiscretion will do to me. Will they ask her to explain it or ask me about it or say "well she gave him a glowing review but she also made Officer Soandso cry, so DENIED"

Don't believe it will be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by kalupek View Post
      haaaaaaa made you look but seriously this is about a conviction and my apps although it's not mine

I just found out one of my personal character references (a good friend of mine) actually has a conviction on her record from her wild teen years. The charge is "disturbing the peace" or something to that effect; she and her boyfriend were really getting into it outside a club or bar or something and she called the intervening officer a not nice name

She manned up to it and plead guilty and got community service or something plus a 100 dollar fine, or maybe just the fine I'm not entirely sure because when I found out I sort of hit the roof that she kept that from me when I asked if she wouldn't mind being a reference. She never told anyone because once she sobered up the next day and realized what exactly had happened she was apparently pretty embarassed about the whole thing and figured it best to never mention it ever again. It happened about 4 years ago when she was 19

I know someone's going to say "you're judged by the company you keep" but this is something you never would have guessed this girl capable of if you knew her. I'm wondering if the background guys look into your references' files to make sure they aren't known anarchists or criminals or nazis or whatever and what her indiscretion will do to me. Will they ask her to explain it or ask me about it or say "well she gave him a glowing review but she also made Officer Soandso cry, so DENIED"
      A background investigator is tasked with completing the background investigation concerning you; not your neighbor, not your reference that has known you 3 years or less, not your reference who has known you 5+ years, nor anyone else that you list in your application. Further, the background investigator better have one helluva good reason to run a check on another person's criminal history who is outside the scope of their initial investigation, otherwise the background investigator has just opened up the flood gates upon themself, and termination/criminal/civil penalties will more than likely await them. Unless one of your references is last named Manson, or is currently incarcerated, or has decapitated bodies swinging from their living room ceiling as the background investigator enters their house to interview them, the background investigator will not care a wit about the criminal background of a reference.
      sigpicTwo is one,
      one is none.

Comment

I would have to agree 100% with the above post. I only run a criminal history check on those that I have arrested.

Comment

oh, okay! We will both be relieved then. Thanks!

Comment

Your good my friend.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6448 users online. 340 members and 6108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X