300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun permit

Is it a help for the process if I already have a state issued gun permit?
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Originally posted by NHNSP_ADMIN View Post
    Is it a help for the process if I already have a state issued gun permit?
    Simple answer, No.

Why would you think this would help you get hired? Does it show that you have experience in the diverse field of law enforcement? It would be the equivilent of asking a fire department if they'll give you preference because you know how to use a fire extinguisher.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by RDEP View Post
      Simple answer, No.

Why would you think this would help you get hired? Does it show that you have experience in the diverse field of law enforcement? It would be the equivilent of asking a fire department if they'll give you preference because you know how to use a fire extinguisher.
      +1
      sigpic

Fidelis Ad Mortem

Comment

Not at all.

Comment

Simple answer, No.

I was thinking that because there is a background check done when you apply for the permit...
          The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

No it will not help anything. In some cases you might even be questioned to why you have a permit to carry.

Comment

Originally posted by NHNSP_ADMIN View Post
              I was thinking that because there is a background check done when you apply for the permit...
              The background CHECK done for a handgun license (FBI/State/local criminal files) are not the same as a background INVESTIGATION, which details not only criminal history, but creditworthyness, employment ethic and history, education history, personal and proefssional references, etc. Compare the form you fill out for a handgun license to a police background investigation form or to the US OPM SF-86 (security clearance worksheet). Tell me which is more thorough.

Comment

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
                Yes
                Law Enforcement Agency:
                System Admin for NH State Police
                Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
                No
                Interests:
                Computers
                Rank/Title:
                N/A
                Years Experience:
                N/A
                System Admin for NH SP
                How did you find Officer.com?:
                Google

Why are you asking a bunch of people on an internet forum instead of your supposed "coworkers" this question anyway?

Comment

Simple answer: No. X-2 to RDEP's question.

Comment

lol when was the last time you saw your system admin walk up any stairs? lol

Comment

I'd also wonder why somebody has a concealed weapons permit.

Comment

I had a group interview today and one of the other applicants was asked why he had a concealed handgun license. He was asked as if they questioned his motives, it would have almost been better for the interviewee of he didn't have his CHL (as far as the interview is concerned).

Comment

I have a drivers license: can I skip EVOC?
                          I have a CCW: Can I skip firearms training?
                          I bought some hand cuffs: Can I skip PPCT or FBI?
                          I have a rectal cranial inversion: can I skip the Sergeants exam?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4443 users online. 244 members and 4199 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X