Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seandon
    replied
    I would repay the store that I took the pop from but It was a little corner store that only lasted like a year. If I do answer yes to this question it says that I am not eligible and wont let me download the application. If I say no I am afraid that I will make the long trip for them to say that I lied on the pre-app and DQ me.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    It's not necessary but: why not go back and pay for what you took? Those are not going to DQ you but paying them back will be a plus for you.

I bought my 3rd grade teacher a new ruler to repay her for the one I stole when I was 8.

Leave a comment:

• PhilipCal
    replied
    To be on the safe side, your answer to both questions would be "Yes". Added to that "Yes" would be a truthful explanation of each instance in which you stole. Quite possibly from a purely legal standpoint, the incident at age five wouldn't count, but I suggest you not split hairs here. Simply answer "Yes" as I've suggested. That reply, with a factual l explanation, should be sufficient.

Leave a comment:

• Michigan
    replied
    Originally posted by Seandon View Post
    Have you ever had any lifetime involvement in two or more thefts of a misdemeanor nature as defined by Georgia law, detected or undetected?

I am not sure if I should answer yes or no to this question. I have unfortunately stolen a bottle of pop when I was like 5 and I stole from a Charity box in sixth grade.(which the charity box ordeal haunts me to this day and I donate money every time I see one) I am 22 now.

I wouldn't consider the theft of a pop at the age of five a "theft of misdemeanor nature".

Obvioulsy when you were in the 6th grade, you knew what you were doing.

However, the question asks two or more, I personally don't count the "theft" at the age of 5 as an atual crime. So in my opinion you commited one theft of a misd. nature.

If there is a polygraph in your future, saying "no" could D.Q. you if they think you're being dishonest. So you could always say yes and add an explanation.

When I was 3 or 4 I "stole" a stuffed animal mouse (I put it in my mom's purse without her knowledge). I still included it in my backgrounds when I was asked if I had ever stolen anything.

-good luck

Leave a comment:

• Seandon
    started a topic Pre-application question

Pre-application question

Have you ever had any lifetime involvement in two or more thefts of a misdemeanor nature as defined by Georgia law, detected or undetected?

I am not sure if I should answer yes or no to this question. I have unfortunately stolen a bottle of pop when I was like 5 and I stole from a Charity box in sixth grade.(which the charity box ordeal haunts me to this day and I donate money every time I see one) I am 22 now.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2989 users online. 209 members and 2780 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X