300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what kind of associates degree?

Howdy ya'll! I will be living on my own soon and working full time. I plan to take classes online in order to have my associates degree by the time I am 21 (will be 20 in Jan.). My question is what type of degree should I go after? A friend of mine graduated from a local university with a degree in CJ and he said it was useless. He told me that while at the academy all of the trainers told him to throw out all that stuff he learned and absorb what they had to tell him.

I have gone to a few local schools before but dropped alot and failed many classes because i was F***ing around not knowing what to do. Now knowing that this IS what I really want to do and taking online courses, what type of Assoc. degree would look good on an application? This is for Dallas PD btw.
    Last edited by silverfox630; 10-24-2009, 03:12 PM.

Sorry I should have used the search feature. As long as you have A degree you will be ranked higher, not necessarily what it is in.

Comment

As long as the degree isn't in some totally useless field, ie: Aids Awareness, History of Basketball, etc, you should be good to go. If you want a CJ Degree, go for it. It simply doesn't have the marketability of say, Business Admin, Political Science, or anothe non Criminal Justice study.

Comment

Business degrees are huge if you are looking to promote. Might as well get the first half (or your Bachelors) now so when you have your time in it will be easier to get promoted.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5919 users online. 317 members and 5602 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X