300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Commission

Next week I have an interview with the Police Commission. I looked at the town website in question and the Police Commission consists of 4 civilians.

I took the oral test last week with the Department which apparently went ok since I'm moving on. I did a search and there wasn't a lot of information on this. Is this interview normally similar to the oral board just with different people?

Probably pretty similar to the Oral Board, and I'd think the same basic rules apply. Consider this interview as a major opportunity to "sell" yourself. Dress for success, as in suit and tie. Be neatly groomed, as in clean shaven, neat and fresh haircut. Shoes shined, nails trimmed and clipped. Punctuality is a must. It's usually a good idea to arrive a little early. When an individual questions you, answer clearly, respectfully, and concisely. Avoid lengthy, rambling answers. If the opportunity presents itself, shake hands, firmly with each member. (sort of play that one by ear). I realize much of this sounds awefully basic. It's certainly not my intention to insult your intelligence, but you'd probably be surprised at the way many applicants show up at these interviews. Hope the interview goes well for you.

Comment

A lot of the Police-Fire Comm. members (at least here in Ill.) are usually appointed by the Mayor and are residents (usually long time) of that town. Keep that in mind and "talk up" the town and "their" PD. These members are hiring the type of people they want to have patrolling the neighborhoods they live in and people that will have contact with their friends and family. They don't want to hear any kind of reference that make the town they live in sound like some kind of schiatehole.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2789 users online. 156 members and 2633 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X