300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Along Question- Not the same one asked 1 Million times

This Friday I am doing a Ride-Along with a Department that I have applied to, from 1500-100. I will be riding with a FTO, and I'm very excited for the opportunity.

I have done enough "searches" on officer.com to know basic etiquette etc.

I may ask to turn the lights on, and if he/she shot someone once and or "Wheres My Gun?" I'm kidding, but those questions were hilarious on previous threads.

But I digress, My question.

Is it OK or cheesy if I were to bring in coffee and bagels for everyone?

I planned on arriving a half hour early to the Station.

Give me your honest opinion please.

PS

I was going to buy Lunch/Dinner if we stop to eat. That goes without question!
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Hell yes do it. Bring enough for everyone in the briefing room. Good idea with the bagels.

Comment

Thanks Mikeymedic
      MDRDEP:

Comment

Pretty cheesy.

Comment

I would bring them. The guys who are going to be getting the bagels likely will have no input on your hire. I think it's a good idea, and it would be appreciated in our squad room. Some would accuse you of brown-nosing, but the accusations would be in jest. If they accuse you of brown-nosing, show them that you can take a good ribbing.
          "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

I would bring them. The guys who are going to be getting the bagels likely will have no input on your hire. I think it's a good idea, and it would be appreciated in our squad room. Some would accuse you of brown-nosing, but the accusations would be in jest. If they accuse you of brown-nosing, show them that you can take a good ribbing.

LMAO - I don't think Bagels will help me with the hiring decision. I don't mind the ribbing, I actully enjoy it. If one of my buddies isnt't busting my ba--s and vice versa, somethings wrong.
            MDRDEP:

Comment

Pretty cheesy.
              I know it is! I'm still gonna do it.
              MDRDEP:

Comment

I wouldnt do that especially with you being in their hiring process. Its up to you though.

Comment

I wouldnt do that especially with you being in their hiring process. Its up to you though.
                  I didn't look at it that way. You bring up a good point.

Do you mind elaborating? ty
                  MDRDEP:

Comment

Really? I thought it was obvious. You look like a kiss a** by doing that. Just like people that come on hear asking if they should send a thank you note after an interview. You make yourself look like an idiot. I mean if you were an intern there or something like that its understandable. Definitely not something I would do when in a hiring process.

Comment

If you're already in the hiring process, your actions might seem more than just a little "sucking up".
                      Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
                      - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
                      MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
                      Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
                      Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
                      Various Graduate Credits - UoP
                      MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
                      DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

Really? I thought it was obvious. You look like a kiss a** by doing that. Just like people that come on hear asking if they should send a thank you note after an interview. You make yourself look like an idiot. I mean if you were an intern there or something like that its understandable. Definitely not something I would do when in a hiring process.
                        I did think that, and agree with you. Just wanted to make sure I was on the same wave length.
                        Far as the thank you note after an interview, that is appropriate after any job interview. In my opinion.

No Bagels for this Dept. In all honesty though, I just thought it would be a nice thing to do for the gals/guys there. But your points are very valid.

I appreciate the Feedback.
                        MDRDEP:

Comment

YES it was a good idea but wait till your hired. Your squad will love you then. HA!

Comment

If you're already in the hiring process, your actions might seem more than just a little "sucking up".
                            So washing the Chiefs car is out? )

I am kidding. I appreciate you pointing that out, as well.

I'm going to take the advice. I am buying the FTO Dinner or Lunch though. I feel that is appropriate for taking me out on the road.
                            MDRDEP:

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Breed View Post
                              YES it was a good idea but wait till your hired. Your squad will love you then. HA!
                              x2

Wait until you're sworn in, if you want to make the best impression. Then they won't think of you as a brown nose, that just wants to get hired.
                              Education ... has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
                              - G. M. Trevelyan

B.S. Business Administration - Texas A&M 1990
                              MPA - University of Texas Dallas 2004
                              Graduate Certificate in Criminal Justice - American Military University 2006
                              Graduate Certificate in Accounting - University of Dallas 2008
                              Various Graduate Credits - UoP
                              MA Christian Ministry Chaplaincy Dallas Baptist University 20%
                              DPA Valdosta State 30%

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3889 users online. 237 members and 3652 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X