Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the physical test for troopers.

I understand that they require an x amount of pushups and situps for you to pass the required physical test. Im just curious how hard it was for you all to get into shape before this test, how hard that part of the test was and if you passed it the first time around.

Thanks!

Getting into shape is probably harder for some individuals than it is for others. Considerable dedication and self discipline are required. You might need to do a "gut check" and ask yourself how badly you want this job. Work on running, and work hard on it. Building upper body strength is a must for doing an acceptable amount of pushups. If nothing else, start doing pushups. Maybe you can only do five. You know that won't be enough, but it's a start, and something you can build on. Start a fitness program at a gym or on your own. Stay focussed and don't give up. It's going to take some time to achieve the results you'll probably need, so get started.

Comment

Yeah i have been. I have played sports my entire life so Ive always been in shape but its a completely different "in shape" for the troopers or for any physical exam of this status. I am up to 20 pushups a night before I go to sleep and I run once or twice a week but I want to get into it more but now the weather is starting to get a little colder so maybe Ill look into joining a local gym for the meantime. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Twenty pushups ain't bad. Keep working on them though. I know weather can be an issue, but get as much running in as you can. You probably already know this, but you'll be doing mucho, mucho PT in the Academy. Sounds like you're off to a good start. Keep up the good work.

Comment

It took me about 10 months...
          When i started i was 268lbs and could do 10 pushups, run .02 miles before wanting to die.
          Now Im 202lbs and can do 35 pushups with ease, still a slow runner but i am up to 2.25 miles in ~20 minutes.
          The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5505 users online. 349 members and 5156 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X