Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just joe
    replied
    I would assume you were assigned to a post for a reason. Are you compromising traffic safety by leaving your post to deal with a minor violator?

Leave a comment:

• mikeymedic
    replied
    Your answer was good, but, How did you know she was speeding without your radar to confirm it? These are the things you don't know when your not a LEO so I don't know how that question would work.

Leave a comment:

• NHNSP_ADMIN
    replied
    I had the same problem. Not being a LEO i felt ill equiped to answer some of the situations that they 'put me in'

The oral board is extremely subjective so i dont think that there is a good answer.

I know I asked alot of questions. Like how fast was she going? The idea i think is to show discretion based on the situation. 1-2 mph you wouldnt ticket 5-10+ you would...
    But then again I got rejected so maybe I am wrong...

Leave a comment:

• 469881Q
    started a topic Oral Board Test

Oral Board Test

Regarding the oral board test.

Last week I took one and was posed only a few situational questions. One being what I thought was an easy one. "You are performing traffic duty on Main Street and you notice a woman speeding, what would you do". I said something to the effect of I would pull her over, explain to her she was speeding and I would issue her a ticket.

Since I don't know the exact procedure as to what I'm supposed to do is that a "good" answer? Or, should I have been much more detailed as in I would pull her over and then run her license plate to ensure the car was registered and not stolen. Then I would tell her the reason I stopped her and ask for her license and registration. I would then go back to my cruiser and check her license and registration for validity, etc. etc.

Even though I don't know the exact process, is the latter the answer the oral board's are looking for? I took the question as they were looking for letter of the law vs. discretion but in hindsight I just don't know.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4668 users online. 301 members and 4367 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X