300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear on a ride along

I dont know what kind of outfit to wear..

The proper attire is usually business casual. Can't go wrong with khakis and a collared shirt. I just went on one Friday and just wore nice, clean jeans and a clean long sleeve shirt, no collar.

Comment

been discussed before. Polo shirt and khaki pants, wear comfortable shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by doubleup View Post
        The proper attire is usually business casual. Can't go wrong with khakis and a collared shirt. I just went on one Friday and just wore nice, clean jeans and a clean long sleeve shirt, no collar.

These Are Private Forums for Law Enforcement. We Reserve the Right to Remove Non-LEO Members, Anti-LE or Inappropriate Posts and Users Without Warning.

ONLY LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS CAN *REPLY* TO POSTS IN 'ASK A COP'
        All Others BANNED on FIRST Offense
        Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Ask the department you're going for. I know departments that requires a suit and tie, and I know some that are okay with jeans and a collared shirt. We don't do ride alongs, but our interns wear khaki pants, sneakers, and a polo shirt.

Comment

Jeans are you kidding me? I would send you home. At minimum khakis and a golf shirt. No tennis shoes either. I think this would be common sense but guess not. If you want to ask the department what you can wear I would ask is khakis and a golf shirt ok? Im sure it will be. When I was an intern awhile ago thats what I wore and occasionally a button down shirt and dress pants. You represent the department when your in the car with them. Just some food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Breed View Post
              Jeans are you kidding me? I would send you home. At minimum khakis and a golf shirt. No tennis shoes either. I think this would be common sense but guess not. If you want to ask the department what you can wear I would ask is khakis and a golf shirt ok? Im sure it will be. When I was an intern awhile ago thats what I wore and occasionally a button down shirt and dress pants. You represent the department when your in the car with them. Just some food for thought.
              Jees, it's not that big of a deal you're making it out to be. I've let all my riders where a jeans and appropriate tshirt, as long as they are comfortable it doesn't matter. He's riding in the car, not jumping out chasing bad guys and interviewing witnesses. Wear something appropriate and use common sense, don't show up in a speedo and wife beater with flip flops.
              In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Comment

Originally posted by doubleup View Post
                Double up, please read the rules. You're not a Cop. You can ask questions here, but you don't reply, except to your own post.(question).

Comment

Originally posted by SportsFan1990 View Post
                  I dont know what kind of outfit to wear..
                  I recommend a tuxedo.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                    Double up, please read the rules. You're not a Cop. You can ask questions here, but you don't reply, except to your own post.(question).
                    Why is it that when I make this same observation I get a snotty PM from someone who wasn't even part of the conversation telling me that I'm not the forum police and that I should be correcting matters of bad advice, not rule-breaking?

Philip, please tell me that you got one too, otherwise I'm going to think I'm the only one.
                    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

Ask the BI at that particular agency. Dress code varies. Mine tells you to wear jeans and sneakers....in case you have to run.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5513 users online. 306 members and 5207 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X