Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do multiple jobs in a given set of years reflect badly . . .

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Don't see a problem under the circumstances you describe. The positions you held appear to be part and parcel, or at least an adjunct to your course work.
    A simple listing of the jobs, with an appropriate explanation should be sufficient. This is a totally different situation than an applicant who simply drifts from job to job.

Leave a comment:

• just joe
    replied
    It is not unusual for college students to have a spotty job history.

Leave a comment:

• Do multiple jobs in a given set of years reflect badly . . .

If that person is in college and fulfilling different roles. Meaning I have had a number of positions within the college, none of which I have been fired from, all of which I fulfilled completely and have solid recommendations from the division/department head. Most jobs come with 1 year terms at which point you can reapply or move on. Due to study abroads and tough schedules, there was only one position I chose to reapply for (and received). I was just recently approached for a 3 month administrator position in the international department which I have taken.
    But would it generally leave a bad first impression to see 3 jobs in 4 years for an applicant? I made notations in my application and gave all contact information with the green light for them to contact employers but I thought I'd just get some opinions regarding the matter. If YOU were reviewing applications for a Fed job, would you look a bit more indepth at it, or label it and toss it in a no-go stack?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3048 users online. 215 members and 2833 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X