Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do multiple jobs in a given set of years reflect badly . . .

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do multiple jobs in a given set of years reflect badly . . .

If that person is in college and fulfilling different roles. Meaning I have had a number of positions within the college, none of which I have been fired from, all of which I fulfilled completely and have solid recommendations from the division/department head. Most jobs come with 1 year terms at which point you can reapply or move on. Due to study abroads and tough schedules, there was only one position I chose to reapply for (and received). I was just recently approached for a 3 month administrator position in the international department which I have taken.
    But would it generally leave a bad first impression to see 3 jobs in 4 years for an applicant? I made notations in my application and gave all contact information with the green light for them to contact employers but I thought I'd just get some opinions regarding the matter. If YOU were reviewing applications for a Fed job, would you look a bit more indepth at it, or label it and toss it in a no-go stack?

It is not unusual for college students to have a spotty job history.

Comment

Don't see a problem under the circumstances you describe. The positions you held appear to be part and parcel, or at least an adjunct to your course work.
      A simple listing of the jobs, with an appropriate explanation should be sufficient. This is a totally different situation than an applicant who simply drifts from job to job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6345 users online. 356 members and 5989 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X