Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinions please...

Ghjkall jjy
    Last edited by almost_naze; 01-13-2017, 10:35 PM.

..... should not have posted here.
    Last edited by jcioccke; 10-09-2009, 10:21 AM. Reason: ..... should not have posted here.
    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

I would say you need a good 5 years clean before you apply.
      This should be a safe distance where they see your over it. If you pursue your CJ during that time it will look even better.
      They need to see a break where your mindset changed. The CJ will show that.
      Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

+ 1... see if your dept has an internship program, work out like crazy, STAY AWAY FROM DUMB STUFF, and dedicate your life to truth, justice and the American way!
        "I don't go on "I'maworthlesscumdumpster.com" and post negative **** about cum dumpsters."
        The Tick

"Are you referring to the secret headquarters of a fictional crime fighter or penal complex slang for a-$$hole, anus or rectum?"
        sanitizer

"and we all know you are a poser and a p*ssy.... "
        Bearcat357 to Dinner Portion/buck8/long relief

Comment

Many agencies are considerably more tolerant of past Marijuana use than they were say, twenty years ago. That said, most agencies will require a period of three to five drug free years prior to applying. Drug free in this instance, includes Marijuana. As you peruse these forums, you'll note that quite a few "members" try to make a case for legalization of Pot. Don't be swayed by these arguments. None of the legalization proponents will be around to comfort you when you DQ for marijuana use which exceeds agency tolerances, or has been too recent. My thought for you, is that you consider to persue your degree. Refrain from drugs of any type. Choose your friends wisely, and build a solid record of citizenship. If you work, part or full time, give your employer his money's worth. If you move to a better paying job, give ample notice. Simply practice the values, which hopefully, you've been taught since childhood. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jcioccke View Post
            I'm not in LE but I have been on this forum reading these same questions for a long time. These are the questions anyone who responds will ask.

"How long ago did you smoke pot?"

I would check the department that your applying for, and see how long the requirement is. Some are 12 months some are 5 years etc.

Keep in mind you will be going against individuals who have never or haven't in 5-10-15 years.

This is my advice and sort of a Big Brother recommendation.

Go to College it takes two years to complete a degree. The fact you went to college, and earned a degree will put you ahead of many applicants. Also this will distance you from the last time you smoked pot. If you want to learn a language, that will benefit you, and separate you from the pack.

When your in college, donate your time to a worthy cause that helps people.
            See if the Department you are applying to has an Auxiliary Program.

See the pattern here? Do the things that your fellow applicants are not doing!

Lastly, no speeding tickets, DUI etc.
            Trust me 2 years flies right bye.

Good Luck.
            Please read the rules. This is "Ask a Cop". You're not one yet, so you don't get to post here. Hopefully, the day will come when you can.

Comment

.. I am sorry I normally never make that error.
              ..will delete my response now
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Asdfghjklz
                Last edited by almost_naze; 01-13-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4627 users online. 259 members and 4368 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X