300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Investigation Questions

My biological uncle uses illicit drugs. Will that disqualify me from police work?

If I legally pay money for sex then will I be disqualified from police work? Prostitution is illegal in the state that I want to be a police officer in.

I'm almost certain that the prostitution will knock you out. On MOST background investigations they ask "have you ever paid for or traded any other thing in return for sex?". At that point it doesn't matter if it was legal ot not. And although you may not have broken a law it shows a serious lack of judgement and maturity that is required to be a law enforcement officer. No agency that I am familiar with would go any further once they heard that. And God help you if you lie about it and it comes out! Sorry.
    Invisible Signature.......FAIL

Comment

It's been mentioned, but here it is again. You don't get to choose your family. The prostitution issue could very well be a problem for you, for all the reasons which have been mentioned.

Comment

Issue one is not a problem. Issue two may or may not be depending on the dept.

Comment

Your biggest issue you paranioa (ie your other post)

Find a different field

Comment

Originally posted by RDEP View Post
            I'm almost certain that the prostitution will knock you out. On MOST background investigations they ask "have you ever paid for or traded any other thing in return for sex?". At that point it doesn't matter if it was legal ot not. And although you may not have broken a law it shows a serious lack of judgement and maturity that is required to be a law enforcement officer. No agency that I am familiar with would go any further once they heard that. And God help you if you lie about it and it comes out! Sorry.
            Funny....I know lots of former military guys that used the 'ho house in Korea/Germany/Japan and wherever else it might be legal....and had no issues at all getting hired on with a LE Agency.

Though, newer Service Members may have issues since it is in violation of the UCMJ.....but I seriously doubt too many folks have been prosecuted for it....unless it was something seriously stupid on their part done...

Comment

^+1..........

Comment

Was the prostitution illegal in the state/country you commenced that act?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3605 users online. 145 members and 3460 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X