300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not exactly a yes/no answer on my Poly results

While I wasn't explicitly told by the recruiting Lt. as to the outcome of my polygraph results he said he was putting together my packet for the Cpt. to review and make a decision or not if I move to backgrounds.

So I take it that means my polygraph results did not disqualify me, and a decision has been handed up out of the Lt's hands. It doesn't mean I had a great poly result it just means I had at least an acceptable one. I guess that’s what one can only hope for (now I’m entering the part where everything is open to interpretation).

I think I'm now entering a period of the process where time tables are completely random and open and I'll just relax. They could be fast (before the end of the year), or it could be next spring/summer. It just depends on how fast they want to fill reserve positions, and who is all in the cue I’m competing against.

If it goes too fast I’ll enter the FTO program around New Years.

You know when you are waiting in line for a rollercoaster you are at that point where your turn is going to be pretty soon, but you don't know exactly when, and before you know it you can’t see the horizon and in a split second you’re headed straight for the ground screaming your head off????

I think I’m getting close to the screaming part. I just don’t know when.

At the very least, I also have an application in process with the SO here and this puts me in a better position in the event the PD falls through. I can say I’ve passed the poly and pysc. for another local agency that in all likelihood uses the same testing services.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws."
    - Cornelius Tacitus

I feel your pain..I've been going through it since the beginning of the year. I'm finally in the last stages and am currently waiting to hear back on my psych results..it's been a week now but the people who communicate have been gone this whole week so I can't say that hearing nothing at this point is good as the results haven't been looked at yet.

Regardless, hang in there. It's a stressful road, but from what I hear definitely worth it!

Comment

From what I know, if you passed the poly, the examiner will tell you right there. If you didn't, they will tell you that your BI will talk to you. If you have not gotten "yes you passed" more than likely you failed or was inconclusive. If it was inconclusive, that makes it almost as bad because with so many other applicants they dont want to spend the extra money to get you another poly to see if you really were lying or telling the truth.
      I recently just took my Pysch written, now I am waiting for my oral pysch interview schedule within the next two weeks. I am applying with SJPD, so I have been told that 3rd week of november is judgment day whether we are in or not for Jan 2010 acad. Where are you guys applying?

Comment

Originally posted by Ush_36 View Post
        From what I know, if you passed the poly, the examiner will tell you right there. If you didn't, they will tell you that your BI will talk to you. If you have not gotten "yes you passed" more than likely you failed or was inconclusive. If it was inconclusive, that makes it almost as bad because with so many other applicants they dont want to spend the extra money to get you another poly to see if you really were lying or telling the truth.
        I recently just took my Pysch written, now I am waiting for my oral pysch interview schedule within the next two weeks. I am applying with SJPD, so I have been told that 3rd week of november is judgment day whether we are in or not for Jan 2010 acad. Where are you guys applying?
        This is exaclty why only sworn LE personel are allowed to reply in these forums. You have no idea what you are talking about and giving incorecct information to the OP, thus making a stressfull process more stressfull. Every agency is different, and they didn't tell me on the spot whether I passed or not. Learn to follow directions.

To the OP... hang in there and good luck. It is worth it.

Comment

Sometimes it's not a pass-fail situation. My last polygraph indicated no deception and nothing DQing that I was made aware of; they just didn't seem to like the answers and described me as having too much "baggage".
          Those who are successful at what they do don't give a rip about what others think about them.

We don't rent pigs.

Comment

I am sure you did fine on teh deception aspect of the poly. They will USUALLY tell you within a few days after the test. However, all agency's are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Ush_36 View Post
              Dont listen to Dumb "A" people like this, like as already been stated this section is for us sworn personnel to answer and not students wanting a LE job.

Hang in there and you will get through, dont be stressed by people not knowing what is going on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6342 users online. 354 members and 5988 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X