Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to wear to Assessment Center review?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear to Assessment Center review?

I have my first assessment center review coming up for a rural Sheriff's department in northern Wisconsin. What would be appropriate to wear to this? Do I want to show up in tactical clothing? Workout clothes? Suit and tie? Really looking for some advice here!

What exactly is it? Assuming it standard type of interview, suite and tie if you have one. Otherwise shirt and tie.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinwi View Post
      I have my first assessment center review coming up for a rural Sheriff's department in northern Wisconsin. What would be appropriate to wear to this? Do I want to show up in tactical clothing? Workout clothes? Suit and tie? Really looking for some advice here!
      Unless you have instructions to the contrary, I'd suggest at least dress/casual. Polo/button down shirt, neatly pressed trousers, shined shoes.

Comment

what is an assesment center review?

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, an assessment center is basically where they put you into scenarios to see how you would handle them. The letter I got in the mail said, "task specific demonstrations of your abilities in various patrol situations." I'm guessing maybe a routine traffic stop, domestic abuse call, gas drive off call, etc.

The oral interview is a week later.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinwi View Post
            To the best of my knowledge, an assessment center is basically where they put you into scenarios to see how you would handle them. The letter I got in the mail said, "task specific demonstrations of your abilities in various patrol situations." I'm guessing maybe a routine traffic stop, domestic abuse call, gas drive off call, etc.

The oral interview is a week later.
            In this case I would go with a polo and some nice kakis

Comment

Originally posted by mikeymedic View Post
              In this case I would go with a polo and some nice kakis
              That's exactly what I have on. The assessment center is today, so I'll let everyone know exactly what it was when I get back.

Comment

Just a thought. If you make it to the Oral Board, and I hope you do, suit and tie!! Can't emphasize that enough. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal View Post
                  Just a thought. If you make it to the Oral Board, and I hope you do, suit and tie!! Can't emphasize that enough. Good luck!!

Interviews are automatically given to assessment center participants. Suit and tie is what I always wear to interviews.

The assessment center was this morning and I'm happy with the way I performed. There were 4 scenarios where I acted as the responding deputy. Scenarios included burglary call, domestic disturbance, crash scene investigation, and missing persons report. It was concluded with a spelling test and typing test.

Interview next week. There are 13 people still in the hiring process, and they have 2-3 positions to fill. That's the best odds I've ever seen since I began applying...about 15 agencies ago!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4046 users online. 210 members and 3836 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X