300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few questions

As an aspiring LEO, lemme ask you guys some serious questions.
    Whats the motivation? I've always had the generic answer... "I want to help people, and catch bad guys" but I've heard all different answers from all different people.

Secondly, how did you guys do through High School? Right now I'm struggling, and its mainly with attendance. I hate going because there's literally nothing there that I am interested in besides US History and Criminal Law I.

The main reason I'm asking is because I'm going through the worry phase at the moment. Constantly worried about everything. "Oh man, if I do this I'll get a ticket and get DQ'd", etc etc. I'm 16 years old, being a LEO is what I've wanted to do since I was 4, and I'm worried about getting DQ'd, its ticking me off.

So why don't you try going to class?

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
      So why don't you try going to class?
      this +1...

if you can't hack applying yourself now, what do you intend to do with the boring part of law enforcement? You know it's like 98% do nothing (depends on where you are) and 2% that 8 second bull ride...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Right now, you immediate mission, in fact your only mission is to graduate from High School. In order to do that, you'll need to show up, even for the classes you don't like. If you can't hack High School, it's pretty much a lead pipe cinch you won't hack the Armed Forces, College, or any other activity which requires a little self discipline and determination. You haven't even gotten to the Police Academy, and you won't, until you resolve your current issue. Wanting to be a Cop since you were four, doesn't mean jack unless you get busy and start applying yourself. Good luck in your efforts.

Comment

The motovation for the boring times, is to each his/her own. Mine is to be out there everyday good weather or bad, to do what ever I am called to do. TA, civil disputes, whatever; atleast I am always there when I am called upon.

Comment

Exactly. I cannot agree more. The main problem with school, is the mornings. If I could go to school at night I'd most likely have no problem. But, like you all stated, the Academy will be in the daytime, so I should get in the swing of it.

The School Resource Officer and I always share common interests and stuff, he just managed to refer me to a job involving minor security at a nice little mom & pop grocery store. Nothing major, just watching the aisles and stuff. I'm 6 foot 5 inches tall so I'm pretty intimidating.

Anyway, I lurk around these forums quite a bit on my free time, and I love seeing all the K-9 related videos. Extreme stuff. I just wanted to see what everyone's outlook on the situation was. I struggled through middle school, and am now finally maturing and taking responsibility for my actions, and have not missed a day of school in a week and a half. So I'm bringing my GPA up and working part time. I eventually might want to go into the Army as a Military Policeman and Dog Handler, and attend college afterward.

Also to the moderators, apologies, this is not really a 'pre-hiring question'.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5716 users online. 308 members and 5408 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X