300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When will the hiring freeze end?!

Any hypotheses as to when the hiring freezes within the country will come to an end? I still have several years before I expect to start applying. Should I be optimistic that it won't be so rough then? I know there's no way to KNOW, but maybe some people here have insights as to how this might play out.

Somewhere is always hiring, somewhere is always not. You have to travel to get the most out of life.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

When you say "travel", do you mean out of state or within the radius of a metro in any given state? Myself for instance, I want to be able to get a job in the bay area, CA... That would be ideal, at least.
      Last edited by concon02; 10-04-2009, 09:29 AM.

Comment

When the economy is healthy, that generally means more tax revenues to Govt agencies. On average, it will take anywhere from one to three years for revenues to increase once a recovery has taken place. That said, and it's been noted, some agencies are almost always hiring. The internet has made researching these agencies relatively easy. The Agency Directory here at Officer.com can be a good starting place for you.

Comment

Thank you, sir.

Comment

I agree with above, there are always places hiring due to retirement or officers quitting.

Comment

it's tough around here. only 3 agencies i can find hiring recruits here in KY. I'd leave, but I already have almost 4 years on my 20 year retirement and don't want to just walk away from that personally to go to another state where it's 27 or more years of service. KY changed their retirement to 25 years, if I were to leave and come back it'd cost me 8-9 years of service practically.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3736 users online. 235 members and 3501 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X