Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 1st rejection

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My 1st rejection

    After 4 days of waiting I finally got my 1st rejection. I have to say that I am happy that the department called me personally to let me know rather than making me wait over the weekend to find out. The 4 days of second guessing every word I had spoken during the oral board was bad enough.

    I cant say as I am upset nor am I surprised. I did not feel that I did well on the oral boards. I am glad to know that I am able to pass the written and physical. For now
    I hope to take this experience and apply it to my next try
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

  • #2
    Originally posted by NHNSP_ADMIN View Post
    After 4 days of waiting I finally got my 1st rejection. I have to say that I am happy that the department called me personally to let me know rather than making me wait over the weekend to find out. The 4 days of second guessing every word I had spoken during the oral board was bad enough.

    I cant say as I am upset nor am I surprised. I did not feel that I did well on the oral boards. I am glad to know that I am able to pass the written and physical. For now
    I hope to take this experience and apply it to my next try
    Your post is indicative of a very mature attitude. Quite a few applicants don't make the cut on the first attempt. I seriously hope that you won't give up. You seem to know where you fell a little short. Work on that, and keep applying. Good luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why put the only response to the original post in quotes? Just wondering

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shotgunnar View Post
        Why put the only response to the original post in quotes? Just wondering
        Simply wanted the post in front of me. OK?

        Comment


        • #5
          I've applied to several agencies. I went through Louisville Metro 2 times, didn't get hired, Lexington Fayette didn't get hired, then Lexington put me back through, offered me employment, told me to wait for directions on when to go through their academy, then cancelled said academy, etc...I just tested with two smaller departments, and didn't make it through. It's just part of the process, although frustrating, going through them make you a better candidate for the one you'll get hired on.

          Most of the time, short of being unqualified because of personal history, etc..., if you're determined, you'll be hired. It sucks, but I'm sticking it out for a Police Department. The last 3 times I've applied anywhere i was in the final 5 for hiring. It will happen at some point.

          Comment


          • #6
            It's not the end of the world. Dust your pride off and apply, apply, apply until you get hired.

            I swallowed the rejection pill several times before I was hired. Don't put all your eggs in one basket and don't set your heart on one dept. or agency so you don't get as disappointed if you're not hired.

            Good luck!

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been rejected by the three agencies I wanted to work for the most. I've since broadened my field of agencies and am applying everywhere. I've been rejected about 15 times.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by jeepinwi View Post
                I've been rejected by the three agencies I wanted to work for the most. I've since broadened my field of agencies and am applying everywhere. I've been rejected about 15 times.
                X2, I think it's a little to get hired on in the Midwest and I say that with the utmost respect for the southern states.
                Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NHNSP_ADMIN View Post
                  After 4 days of waiting I finally got my 1st rejection. I have to say that I am happy that the department called me personally to let me know rather than making me wait over the weekend to find out. The 4 days of second guessing every word I had spoken during the oral board was bad enough.

                  I cant say as I am upset nor am I surprised. I did not feel that I did well on the oral boards. I am glad to know that I am able to pass the written and physical. For now
                  I hope to take this experience and apply it to my next try
                  I agree with PhilipCal, you're displaying a mature attitude. Statistically, the odds are against you. There's probably 100 applicants for 1 open position. Therefore, statistically your odds of getting hired as a police officer are 100 to 1. You know what I say? Forget that crap. Focus on what you need to do to get hired and continue to move forward. Steadfast dedication is key and continue to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed.

                  You know what, I received 2 rejection letters before 2 departments took an interest in me and I got hired by one of them. I applied to even more departments than that but not all departments have a streamlined hiring process, and some depts I applied to were for continuous recruitment but had no current openings. In total I applied to 5-6 different depts. That's all you can do, figure out the game and play by its rules. The rest of it is out of your hands.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jeepinwi View Post
                    I've been rejected by the three agencies I wanted to work for the most. I've since broadened my field of agencies and am applying everywhere. I've been rejected about 15 times.
                    Uh, yeah. I mean steadfast dedication is great, persistence is the key, but at this point you're bordering on pathological. If 15 agencies rejected you, something's obviously wrong. I won't be rude and tell you to get the hint and choose a different profession or better yet stay in your current one, but I do ask that you use common sense and take a hard look at the reason(s) you've been rejected by 15 different agencies and yet keep applying. Seriously dude, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I encourage people to apply apply apply up to a certain point, but 15 rejections is a bit excessive and most likely you're never going to get hired. Sorry.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by preparedness View Post
                      Uh, yeah. I mean steadfast dedication is great, persistence is the key, but at this point you're bordering on pathological. If 15 agencies rejected you, something's obviously wrong. I won't be rude and tell you to get the hint and choose a different profession or better yet stay in your current one, but I do ask that you use common sense and take a hard look at the reason(s) you've been rejected by 15 different agencies and yet keep applying. Seriously dude, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. I encourage people to apply apply apply up to a certain point, but 15 rejections is a bit excessive and most likely you're never going to get hired. Sorry.
                      Wrong, just needs a change of tactic or a little more to bring to the table at the next departmnet. Took a lot of us multiple times to get hired.

                      Comment

                      MR300x250 Tablet

                      Collapse

                      What's Going On

                      Collapse

                      There are currently 4471 users online. 228 members and 4243 guests.

                      Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                      Welcome Ad

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X